11 GIFs That Perfectly Explain What Happens When You Watch TV With A Latina Mom
You tell yourself it’ll be fine, that just because last time was a disaster doesn’t mean this time has to be. That’s right. You’re about to watch TV with your Latina mom.
No matter how many times you tell yourself you’ll never watch TV with her again, you always find yourself back on the couch, hiding your face behind your hands. It’s fine, it happens. We won’t judge you! We’ll just commiserate. Here are 11 GIFs that perfectly describe what it’s like to watch TV with a Latina mom:
1. She insists on listening with the volume at full blast.
It’s never loud enough, and she can never hear.
2. She yells at anyone who walks in the room during the show.
You’re humiliated for your brother and papi and the family dog, but honestly, THEY SHOULD KNOW BETTER THAN TO WALK INTO A WAR ZONE.
3. She basically repeats every single thing you’ve literally just seen.
You have to constantly say, “MA! You know I’m watching the same thing, right?” And so then she directs her yelling at you.
4. She gets mad at you for talking during the commercial breaks.
It shouldn’t matter because they are COMMERCIAL BREAKS, but to your mother, you’re still disrupting “el show.”
5. She talks about the characters as if they’re real people.
No matter how many times you try to reason with your mother and explain that they aren’t real people, she refuses to listen.
6. She pauses every five minutes to go to the bathroom and acts like it’s not a big deal.
Take a deep breath. Relax. Try not to flip out on your mother because WHO IN THE WORLD HAS TO PEE EVERY FIVE MINUTES?!
7. She asks you for an IMDb rundown of every single actor that pops up.
You try so hard to be patient and answer every question, but when your mom makes a big deal about the actor playing “silent background due #2,” it takes everything inside of you to not flip your lid.
8. There are times she asks you to recap the entire plot. Again. And again.
“Why is that man holding a gun?” “Y esa mujer, who is she?” “What show is this?” MOM!
9. Sometimes you find out she’s been watching episodes without you, even though she INSISTS you watch together.
HOW. DARE. SHE.
10. …And because she’s ahead, she then SPOILS the episode for you.
But, if you’re being honest, watching TV with your mom is kind of the best. Although you’ll never admit it because you’ll never hear the end of it. Ever.
11. You realize you’re doing ALL THE SAME THINGS your mom does.
Can’t even try to fight it. We all turn into our moms, yelling at the TV and asking you to summarize the entire plot every 10 seconds.
Do you watch TV with your mom? Tell us: HOW DO YOU SURVIVE IT?!
Notice any needed corrections? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org