EFFECTIVE DATE: March 31, 2020
Your California Privacy Rights
Information we Collect
The types of information we may collect include:
- Contact information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, and phone number;
- Account information, such as your username and password;
- Billing information, such as credit card details, billing address, and proof of identification; and
- If you access the Services through Facebook credentials – the information Facebook makes available to us based on your Facebook privacy settings, such as your name, picture, and email address.
The information that may be collected by automated means includes:
- Details about the devices that are used to access the Services (such as IP address, browser information, device information, and operating system information);
- Details about your interaction with the Services (such as the date, time, length of stay, and specific pages accessed during your visits to our website, and which emails you may have opened);
- Usage information in aggregate form (such as the number and frequency of visitors to the Site); and
- Geolocation data (which determines your current locations) from some of our Services, such as mobile applications.
We may associate the information we collect by automated means with your Account if you have one, the device you use to connect to the Services, or email or social media accounts that you use to share our content. Please see our Cookies Policy for more detail about the information we may collect automatically and your choices.
When you visit our Site or use our mobile applications or other Services, ad networks and other parties may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites. Because there is not yet a consensus on how companies should respond to web browser-based or other do-not-track (“DNT”) mechanisms, we do not respond to web browser-based DNT signals at this time.
Information Related to Advertising
To support and enhance the Services, we may serve advertisements and also allow third-party advertisements, through the Services. These advertisements are sometimes targeted and served to particular users and may come from third party companies called “ad networks.” Ad networks include third party ad servers, ad agencies, ad technology vendors and research firms. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these ad networks and other parties.
This Site is affiliated with CMI Marketing, Inc., d/b/a CafeMedia (“CafeMedia”) for the purposes of placing advertising on the Site, and CafeMedia will collect and use certain data for advertising purposes. To learn more about CafeMedia’s data usage, click here: www.cafemedia.com/publisher-advertising-privacy-policy
How we Use the Information we Collect
The information we gather enables us to personalize, improve and continue to operate the Services. We may use the information we collect to:
- Fulfill, manage, and send you information about your orders;
- Communicate with you about the products and services we offer, including our websites and mobile applications, and respond to your requests, inquiries, comments, and suggestions;
- Establish and maintain your Account;
- Offer promotions, sweepstakes, or other contests;
- Invite you to participate in surveys and other market research;
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business, our websites and mobile applications, and other products and services we offer (including to develop new products and services);
- Tailor the content we display to you in our communications and in connection with your use of our websites or mobile applications;
- Analyze and enhance our communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read);
- Comply with legal requirements, judicial process, and our company policies (including to verify users’ identity in connection with access or correction requests); and
- Protect against, identity, investigate, and respond to fraud, illegal activity (such as incidents of hacking or misuse of our websites and mobile applications), and claims and other liabilities, including by enforcing the terms and conditions that govern the use of our websites and mobile applications.
Any information provided through Facebook will be used in accordance with Facebook’s policies and your preferences selected through Facebook.
How we Share the Information we Collect
- Our service providers that perform services on our behalf, such as fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, serving ads, providing search results and links, and processing credit card payments; only to the extent necessary to provide the services. We do not authorize our service providers to use or share your information for their own purposes.
We may share aggregate information with our partners, service providers and other persons with whom we conduct business. We share this type of statistical data so that our partners can understand how and how often people use our Services and their services or websites, which facilitates improving both their services and how our Services interface with them. We may also provide aggregate information to third parties when describing the Service to prospective partners, advertisers, and other third parties, and for all other lawful purposes. As communicated to third parties, the aggregate information does not include any information that would permit the recipient to identify, locate or contact you.
In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information, including personal information, is typically one of the transferred business assets. Moreover, if we, or substantially all of our assets, were acquired, or if we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that are transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur as permitted by law. Following the transfer of user information in the circumstances described in this paragraph, all inquiries concerning the processing of user information should be directed to the entity to which the information is transferred.
Links to Websites and Third-Party Content
We may provide links to third-party websites, services, and applications, such as Facebook that we do not own or control (“Third Party Services”). While we attempt to facilitate access only to those Third Party Services that share our respect for your privacy, we cannot take responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of those Third Party Services. We encourage you to review and understand the privacy practices of any Third Party Services before providing any information to or through them.
Your Rights and Choices
You can use many of the features of the Services without registering, thereby limiting the types of information that we collect. You have certain rights and choices regarding Mitú Shop’s processing of your information:
- You may choose not to receive our marketing emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails you receive from us, or by updating your preferences in your Account settings. Please note that even if you opt out, we may continue sending you purchase and order related information, and other non-marketing information as we deem necessary.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, you may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us, or object at any time on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your Personal Information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will apply your preferences going forward. In some circumstances, withdrawing your consent to Mitú Shop’s use or disclosure of your Personal Information will mean that you will no longer be able to use Mitú Shop’s products or services.
- You may stop sharing your location data by adjusting your mobile device’s location services settings. For instruction on changing the relevant settings, please contact your service provider or device manufacturer.
- You may review, update, or modify your Account information, including profile and contact information, by logging into your Mitú Shop Account.
- You may delete your Account by emailing email@example.com. Please note that we will need to verify that you have the authority to delete the Account, and activity generated prior to deletion may remain stored by us and may be publicly accessible (for example, with respect to product reviews).
In certain jurisdictions in which we operate, you may have the right under applicable law to: obtain confirmation that we hold personal information about you, request access to and receive information about the personal information we maintain about you, receive copies of the personal information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information, object to the processing of your personal information, provide instructions for the use of your personal information after death, request to be deleted any personal information collected at the time you qualified as a minor under applicable law, and have your information blocked, anonymized or deleted, as appropriate. The right to access personal information may be limited. To exercise these rights, please contact us as set forth below.
How We Protect and Retain Information
Your Account will be protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to help prevent unauthorized access to your Account by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your Account.
We seek to protect Account information to ensure that it is kept private; however, we cannot guarantee the security of any Account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time.
We otherwise store all of our information, including your IP address information, using techniques reasonably designed to secure the information. We do not guarantee or warrant that such techniques will prevent unauthorized access to information about you that we store.
In certain jurisdictions, we will retain your information only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which the information was collected, depending on the purposes for which the information was collected, the nature of the information, any contractual relationship we may have with you, and our legal or regulatory obligations. We will then destroy your information or anonymize the information for statistical and analytical purposes in accordance with applicable law.
International Data Transfers
Updates to our Privacy Notice
California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of personal customer information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the following address: 4712 Admiralty Way, #533 Marina del Rey, CA 90292.
How to Contact us