Entertainment

Conservatives Are Calling For The FBI And CIA To Investigate George Lopez After He Made A Joke About President Trump

Conservatives are enraged after George Lopez made a joke about the death of President Trump. The Mexican-American comic wrote, “We’ll do it for half,” responding to an Instagram post about a purported bounty. The bounty was suggested at a funeral procession for Iranian general Qassem Soleimani on Sunday and Twitter was set ablaze with some users even calling for the Secret Service to get involved. Here’s what went down.

After Trump ordered a drone strike that killed Iranian Gen. Qasem Soleimani a eulogist at the late leader’s funeral called for a bounty on the U.S. president’s head.

Broadcast live on Iran’s state-owned Channel One television network, a eulogist apparently called for the $80 million bounty while addressing crowds in the city of Mashhad. “We are 80 million Iranians. If each one of us puts aside one American dollar, we will have 80 million American dollars, and we will reward anyone who brings us [Trump]’s head with that amount,” the unidentified man said.

There is no indication the bounty is endorsed by the Iranian government or Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.

On Jan. 5, 2020, news editor M. Hanif Jazayeri posted a tweet stating that Iran had placed an $80 million bounty on the head of U.S. President Donald Trump in retaliation for a U.S. airstrike in Baghdad that killed Iranian Major General Qassem Soleimani.

The Instagram account @chicanoworldstar, which has over 170,000 followers, posted about the supposed bounty. 

Credit: chicanoworldstar / Instagram

The post, which erroneously attributed the reward to Iranian officials, said: “#Iranian authorities have put a bounty on American President Donald Trump’s head during the televised funeral of General #QasemSoleimani after he was assassinated last week. What are your thoughts?”

Lopez responded to the eulogist: “We’ll do it for half.”

Credit: @joeysalads / Twitter

On Sunday, the Instagram account @chicanoworldstar, which has over 170,000 followers, posted about the supposed bounty. The post, which erroneously attributed the reward to Iranian officials, said: “#Iranian authorities have put a bounty on American President Donald Trump’s head during the televised funeral of General #QasemSoleimani after he was assassinated last week. What are your thoughts?,” the famed comedian left a comment saying “We’ll do it for half.”

The joke was quickly seized upon by right-wing social media users.

The comment, which has more than 2,400 likes and 750 replies, caught the attention of right-wing media, which was quick to claim that Lopez was issuing a death threat against the president. Lopez’s spokesperson told Newsweek: “It was absolutely a joke and that’s it.” 

But for some, it wasn’t just a joke.

Ryan Fournier, co-chair of Students For Trump, tweeted: “George Lopez just said he’d assassinate President Trump for half of the $80 million dollar bounty. @SecretService should take a look at this. The Left is sick.”

Some defended Lopez —like fellow comedian Kathy Griffith who told “Trump cult” to calm down.

Griffin faced severe backlash for a photo of her holding a severed Trump head. Right-wing media and supporters were outraged and ended Griffin’s career over the photo. The same people angered by the Trump head and the joke are likely the same who supported burning Obama effigies.

Chris D’Elia wrote: “George Lopez is a really big comedian maybe you’re not aware.”

Lopez is a comedian best known for the ABC sitcom “George Lopez,” which ran for six seasons between 2002 and 2007. The iconic comedian also hosted the short-lived TBS talk show “Lopez Tonight” between 2009 and 2011.

In July 2018, Lopez, an outspoken Trump critic, made headlines for pretending to urinate on Trump’s star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. 

The footage went viral on Twitter and prompted similar right-wing offense to this latest incident, including calls for Lopez’s arrest.

READ: Victims Of The El Paso Massacre Received Visits From Edward James Olmos And George López And Their Reactions Are Everything

Americans Are Demanding To Know If President Trump Has Been Tested For COVID-19 After Being Exposed Numerous Times

Things That Matter

Americans Are Demanding To Know If President Trump Has Been Tested For COVID-19 After Being Exposed Numerous Times

fabiowajngarten / Instagram

COVID-19 is all anyone can talk about. There is little known about the virus and it seems that President Donald Trump has been exposed, yet there is no word on whether or not he has been tested. Brazilian government officials who recently met with President Trump and other Republican officials at Mar-a-Lago have tested positive for the virus and we deserve to know if our president is sick.

Several politicians have tested positive for COVID-19 after an event at Mar-a-Lago with Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro.

Credit: @MollyJongFast / Twitter

Miami’s mayor is the latest politician to have tested positive for the novel coronavirus after attending an event with Brazilian officials visiting Miami. Florida Senator Rick Scott was also at the event and has self-quarantined as a precaution. Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos Gimenez has allegedly tested negative after attending the same event, according to Local10.com.

Mayor Francis Suarez tweeted a video addressing the residents of Miami explaining his self-quarantine and what residents should know.

Mayor Suarez made it clear that there should not be any panic among Miami residents. Mayor Suarez said he didn’t have any symptoms but self-quarantined after people who attended an event he was at tested positive for the virus.

Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro claims to have tested negative for the virus after reports alleged that he had tested positive.

Brazilian President Bolsonaro has claimed that he has tested negative for COVID-19 despite his press secretary recently testing positive for the virus. O Dia, a Brazilian new outlet, first reported the Bolsonaro tested positive and Fox News confirmed in. In response, Bolsonaro called it fake news and declared that he tested negative for the virus.

Bolsonaro’s press secretary Fabio Wajngarten, who interacted with President Trump and Vice President Pence, recently tested positive for COVID-19.

Wajngarten was at an event and had close contact with President Trump and Vice President Pence, as proved in the above photo. The press secretary is on the right standing next to President Trump. The kind of proximity to someone with COVID-19 is enough to warrant a self-quarantine and testing for the virus.

The White House press secretary is denying that President Trump had close contact with the Wajngarten despite standing next to him.

“Both the President and Vice President had almost no interactions with the individual who tested positive and do not require being tested at this time,” White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham said in a statement. “The White House Medical Unit and the United States Secret Service has been working closely with various agencies to ensure every precaution is taken to keep the First & Second Families, and all White House staff healthy.”

President Trump is 73 years old putting him in one of the most vulnerable demographics when it comes to the virus.

View this post on Instagram

Getting a little exercise this morning!

A post shared by President Donald J. Trump (@realdonaldtrump) on

People 60 years old and up are facing some of the most fatal complications from COVID-19. One of the recommendations from the World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control is for people 65 years old and up no to fly. The U.S. government refused to make this announcement yet later tried to claim they did.

Due to his age and reported lifestyle, it is important that the American people find out if the president has contracted COVID-19.

Credit: @jennfranconews / Twitter

President Trump, who spent the beginning of the outbreak trying to dismiss it as a Democratic hoax, has finally called for a national emergency. The national emergency over the coronavirus will allow for billions of dollars to be deployed to states for testing and treatment to get the virus’s spread under control.

President Trump’s recorded contact with people who have tested positive for the virus is sparking demands from Americans that he be tested.

There has been a lot of speculation about the president’s health and whether or not he is truly physically fit for the job. President Trump being of the age that proves more fatal for the coronavirus and his repeated exposure is reason enough for a test a public release of the results. The American people deserve to know if the president is healthy enough to lead the nation through this health crisis.

READ: Cardi B Talks About The Growing Coronavirus Pandemic And How ‘S–t Gettin’ Real’

SNL Had A ‘Love Is Blind’ Coronavirus Parody That Was Cut For Time But So Worth Watching

Entertainment

SNL Had A ‘Love Is Blind’ Coronavirus Parody That Was Cut For Time But So Worth Watching

Saturday Night Live / YouTube

The novel coronavirus, known as CoVid-19, is sending global stock markets down and causing worldwide panic as it spreads. Some countries have taken drastic measures to ease the spread while others are ignoring the warnings. The mortality rate of the CoVid-19 is about 2 percent with the elderly and sick the most vulnerable to the virus. “Saturday Night Live” did what comedians do in times like this, brought humor to a situation to ease fears.

“Saturday Night Live” went all-in on the coronavirus this week with a cold opening and a cut-for-time sketch about the virus.

The cut-for-time sketch was a parody on the Netflix show “Love Is Blind.” The show is about people being put in separate rooms and getting to know the other person without ever meeting or seeing the person. Of course, the premise is perfect for a quarantine parody because of the current coronavirus fears.

Fans of the show are so upset that SNL cut the scene because of time constraints.

Credit: ursaltydog / YouTube

The sketch is a funny one. The characters are all at different stages of infection so the doctors are able to use them to find a cure while they find love. There is something so hopeful and dystopian that it is hard not to laugh at it.

There were some highlights that left people in stitches.

Credit: Effia Harrison / YouTube

We’ve all felt the pressure from mom and dad about getting married. Society likes to think that we should all be married younger than our 30s, otherwise, what’s the point. The moment the woman runs to a coronavirus infected man for marriage because she is 34 is something too many people can understand.

Some are wondering what were the conversations to create this sketch.

Credit: Christopher Manley / YouTube

How was this approved? Who at NBC thought this was something people wanted to see? Like, clearly people wanted to see it. After all, the video on YouTube has more than 800,000 views and it wasn’t even in the official airing of the episode.

Mainly, people were just happy for a moment of levity during what has been a scary news cycle about the virus.

Credit: Chimmy89 / YouTube

Some times we all need a good laugh to ease the tension around hectic and scary times. This sketch, aired or not, is offering that to fans of the show and anyone who might come across it.

The coronavirus has claimed more than 3,000 lives around the world and has infected more than 80,000 people at the time of this article. The true extent of the virus is unknown as there are not enough testing kits in the world to truly measure the spread and the magnitude of the virus. As more testing kits become available and more testing standards are implemented, the number of those infected increases. There are also countries that are believed to be underreporting or not testing for fear of China seeking financial retribution on their economies.

The U.S. government has mishandled the response to the virus to the point that the Center for Disease Control and Prevention has issued statements contradicting the White House until they were muzzled by Vice President Mike Pence. There is concern that the virus has spread in the U.S. for weeks before it was detected.

Here is the full cold opening further addressing the coronavirus and Vice President Pence’s role.

What do you think about the U.S. government’s response to the coronavirus?

READ: First Case Of Coronavirus In Latin America Confirmed In Brazil