It’s Been 10 Years Since Casey Anthony’s Not-Guilty Verdict
Updated July 7, 2021.
In 2008, the death of Caylee Anthony gripped headlines across the United States after her mother Casey Anthony was charged with first-degree murder. The case attracted a significant amount of news attention and quickly became a media circus. Forty million people watched testimony in the case which became the main topic of talk shows across the country.
Now, thirteen years after her daughter’s death, Casey Anthony is back to making headlines.
Thirteen years after the Casey Anthony trial, the trial of Derek Chauvin sparked a conversation about her again.
Twitter users were quick to point out that in the case of Casey Anthony and Derek Chauvin (who murdered George Floyd), the juries took ten hours to come to their decision. According to Poytner report, “Quick verdicts generally favor the defendant. As hours stretch on, it signals that jurors are taking evidence seriously and consider the evidence to have at least some validity.”
During Casey Anthony’s trial, the jury deliberated for ten hours before acquitting her of felony charges and found her guilty of four misdemeanor charges including false information to a law enforcement officer.
After enduring so much legal trouble, Anthony is thrusting herself back into the legal field again, this time for business.
This year marks the 10th anniversary of Casey Anthony’s not guilty verdict
Earlier this year, Anthony raised eyebrows after filing paperwork to open a private investigation company in South Florida.
Anthony filed documents listing herself as a registered agent of Case Research & Consulting Services, LLC last December. Her business, according to People, was registered to a home in West Palm Beach owned by Patrick McKenna. During the time of her trial, McKenna worked as Anthony’s lead investigator.
According to state records, Anthony does not have a Florida private investigator’s license. As a convicted felon she will not be able to obtain a license.
Casey Anthony is also now pushing to become a movie producer.
According to TMZ Anthony and co-producers, Tamra Simmons and Ebony Porter-Ike are setting out to produce a movie about her daughter’s murder in an effort to clear her name.
TMZ says that the producers behind the documentary say Anthony is “finally ready to clear her name, bring justice to her daughter, and begin the process of establishing her daughter’s legacy in a different light.”
Anthony, who continues to maintain her innocence in her daughter’s death, wants to use her business to help people facing serious legal charges.
“She knows what it’s like to be accused of something that she didn’t do,” a source told People. “She wants to help other wrongfully accused people, especially women, and help them get justice.” The source noted that Anthony has yet to obtain clients. “It’s in the very early stages,” explained the source. “She has big plans for her future, and hopes that it will change how people see her.”
In 2008, Anthony was charged with first-degree murder for the disappearance of her daughter Caylee.
Anthony’s case became notorious after it came out that she had not reported her daughter missing until 31 days after she disappeared. A massive search went underway for the toddler who was almost three. The search ended when her body was found in a wooded lot near Anthony’s family home.
On July 5, 2011, a jury found Casey not guilty of first-degree murder, aggravated child abuse, and aggravated manslaughter of a child. They did, however, find her guilty of four misdemeanor counts of providing false information to a law enforcement officer.
Notice any needed corrections? Please email us at email@example.com