Culture

This 8-Year-Old Ran Away From Home When His Mom Told Him The Three Kings Forgot Him But His Story Has A Happy Ending

From a young age we’ve been told, “It’s the thought that counts,” and to accept any gift with a smile. But this little boy was not about to take the disrespect. An eight-year-old boy from Guanajuato woke up on January 7 to find that his letter to the three kings was left unanswered—so naturally, he ran away from home.

Juan Daniel was found wandering the streets by police in Santa Teresa, Guanajuato. 

Police said the boy told them that he had found his unanswered letter to the three kings inside his shoes where he had left it the night before.

His mom told him los Reyes forgot about him.

When he asked his mother why the three kings hadn’t brought him the talking robot he had asked for, she told him that they had forgotten about him. Upset at the oversight, Juan Daniel ran away.

Juan Daniel was found holding the letter he wrote to los Reyes Magos

The 8-year-old had asked for a robot that says the words “Love me, hug me.”

The police picked him up and called his family

The minor was taken to Social Services where his uncles came to the rescue —his mom arrived moments later, she had reported her son missing just a few hours prior. 

The officers were touched by the boy’s disappointment

Moved by the story, officers and administrative staff at the police station raised money to buy him the gifts that had not appeared.

An officer even played the role of the Kings’ emissary

Soon after, a police officer carrying a bag of toys came to the station pretending to be an emissary of the three kings. He told Juan Daniel the kings had been busy so they had asked him to help pass out toys to children.

Juan Daniel got his presents in the end.

The boy opened the bag to find the robot he had asked for, as well as a train, a ball, notebooks and a box of crayons. Meanwhile, social workers provided support to the boy’s mother for problems with addiction.

Notice any needed corrections? Please email us at corrections@wearemitu.com

This Father Son TikTok Duo Are Going Viral For Their Spot On Impersonations That Are A Must Watch

Entertainment

This Father Son TikTok Duo Are Going Viral For Their Spot On Impersonations That Are A Must Watch

Enkyboys / Instagram

People are looking to TikTok for pretty much everything these days. And for good reason, you can really find just about anything on the platform. From vegan cooking hacks and DIY crunch wrap videos to fashion trends and dance challenges, TikTok has become a hub for all sorts of incredible content.

Now, it’s also home to these incredible videos from a father son duo that are going viral for their incredible impersonation capabilities. The queens on RuPaul’s Drag Race better watch out, because five-year-old Brice has some serious lip-syncing skills.

A father and son TikTok duo are going viral for their recent impersonations.

Randy Gonzalez and his tiny son Brice go by the enkyboys on TikTok. The account highlights how Gonzalez’s bond with his son is wholesome, fun and transformative. The pair, who are from Texas have amassed a giant social media presence, with more than 7.3 million followers on TikTok and 413,000 on Instagram.

Some of their most popular videos recently have been their lip-syncing of Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan’s character from a scene in Rush Hour 2 and a scene from The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air where Brice plays the role of Will Smith. There’s also a video of Randy and Brice lip syncing to Justin Timberlake’s song “Mirrors” as Randy pretends to spank Brice.

But now, their TikTok presence has catapulted them to fame as they get attention from some of the world’s biggest celebrities. Over the weekend, in response to the attack on the Capitol, Brice and his dad Randy recreated the viral “Elizabeth from Knoxville” video – the pro-Trump rioter who was maced in the face after attempting to attack the Capitol.

But it’s this masterpiece right here that has struck gold on the Internet.

After being tweeted at by Ava Duvernay, the video that Brice and his dad Randy did impersonating “Elizabeth from Knoxville” catapulted to the top of the TikTok trending and now has more than 1.2 million likes!

It’s really incredible to watch as five-year-old Brice totally nails the entire mood of that video.

Started making TikTok videos after leaving prison as a way to break stereotypes.

When he launched the TikTok channel, Gonzalez had recently got out of prison and was looking for ways to combat stereotypes –

not just about men who look like him, but those with criminal records. He’s no hardened, scary hustler lurking in the shadows. Gonzalez is funny, vulnerable and loving.

The father told his story in a series of viral clips. When Gonzalez was released from prison he was called a criminal, loser and deadbeat. But he overcame those degrading labels because he loved his children. As a former convict, the dad struggled to get work. That’s when Brice taught him how to use TikTok.

The pair know how to work together for TikTok gold.

@enkyboys

Go fast in the hood the cops should understand right?? 😂 #enkyboy #enkyboys

♬ original sound – comedian_bud

The duo have gained the attention of fans and celebrities from all walks of life. In fact, they were recently on Steve Harvey’s Facebook Watch Show Steve on Watch. Harvey especially enjoyed their video where they recreated a scene from the 2012 comedy Think Like a Man.

“I like doing [the videos] because they’re fun and people like me [and] smile,” Brice told Harvey during their interview. “I like being funny. I love TikTok.”

Notice any needed corrections? Please email us at corrections@wearemitu.com

White Teens Are Mocking The George Floyd Killing On Social Media And This Is Why We Need #BlackLivesMatter

Things That Matter

White Teens Are Mocking The George Floyd Killing On Social Media And This Is Why We Need #BlackLivesMatter

Dave Vescio / Twitter

As protests and marches take place across the country in a fight for justice and to defend Black lives, some racist teens are instead taking to social media to mock George Floyd’s death.

A Change.org petition has been created demanding social media platforms take down the content, in it there are graphic photos. In each, two white guys mugged for the camera, as one knelt on the other’s neck—both mocking the murder of George Floyd, who died after a Minneapolis cop knelt on his windpipe for eight minutes and 46 seconds. 

Examples of the George Floyd ‘Challenge’ photos are in this story below. Please note that these photos are disturbing.

There’s a disturbing new challenge mocking the death of George Floyd that’s making the rounds on social media.

In one of the most twisted social media “challenges” to have ever surfaced is the so-called ‘George Floyd Challenge.’ In response to Floyd’s death, some people have started posting photos and videos of themselves kneeling on a friend’s neck, saying it was part of the challenge.

Although most social media platforms have stated to take action and have banned the hashtag, screenshots of the images are still being shared widely on Twitter and Facebook.

It’s worth noting that most of the related posts are actually people criticizing the trend and denouncing those who participated – but the fact that a social media trend like this would take root after such an immense tragedy at all is further proof of why we need #BlackLivesMatter.

There’s currently a Change.org petition circulating as well, urging social media platforms to remove all related content from their sites.

A petition posted to Change.org has already passed its goal of 5,000 signatures. The new goal is now 7,500. It demands that social media platforms taken action to remove any related posts.

“There is a challenge currently ‘popular’ on the app TikTok,” the petition claimed. “It’s called the ‘George Floyd challenge’. It shows teens (white teens) kneeling on the neck of another teen and with a big smile on their face. This is a racist, inhumane challenge and needs to be deleted from TikTok IMMEDIATELY!!!”

The “challenge” has made it as far as the UK, where people have been arrested for participating.

All the way on the other side of the Atlantic, teens in the UK were also accused of participating. Two white teens were arrested by police in northern England after their ‘George Floyd Challenge’ picture started circulating on Facebook and Twitter, according to The Tab.

They were arrested on suspicion of causing anxiety and distress, and the incident is being treated as a hate crime, the news site reported. Both suspects have since been released on bail. 

Police there said in a statement, “We understand that this social media post has caused significant upset and we want to reassure the public it is being investigated robustly and is being treated as a hate crime.” 

Although it seems that so far the challenge is only being attempted by a few racist young adults, this shouldn’t be happening at all.

George Floyd was murdered by a police officer who had a history of brutality. His death has inspired a nationwide movement of justice and accountability. Yet some racists have hijacked his death for their own disgusting need to be seen and relevant.

This so-called challenge didn’t emerge out of thin air. The cropped illustration in the Change.org petition, among the most widely-shared graphics of the challenge, features photos of four Challenge attempts. There are at least four more documented instances, including three photos and a grotesque video. An eighth picture, featuring two white teens laughing in a bunk bed, is also frequently found in posts about the challenge. The latter image is wildly racist (the caption reads: “if we kept them as slaves this would of never happened”), but does not mention or depict the “George Floyd challenge.” 

It looks like the meme’s origins date back at least to May 27th, when a Washington wrestling coach named Dave Hollenbeck posted an image mocking Floyd’s death on Facebook. The image shows Hollenbeck facedown, with a knee in his back, which he claimed was intended as a “defense” of police officers. He was fired from the Bethel School District the next day. The coach did not call his stunt the “George Floyd challenge,” or connect it to any broader trend.

Notice any needed corrections? Please email us at corrections@wearemitu.com