Disney’s Gift That Keeps On Giving Is More Of Its Classic Recipes So That We Can Have Them In Quarantine
Updated May 20, 2020.
It’s definitely a marketing ploy and it probably won’t be the same as the real deal, but sí mi gente, some of your favorite dine-out recipes have been shared online!
That’s right, so many of their customers sheltering in place across the globe in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic, some of the biggest hospitality brands in the game are releasing their signature recipes. We’ve put them all here in one place for you to check out!
Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup from EPCOT
1/2 pound of bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 medium red onion, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
3 celery ribs, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
4 tablespoons butter
1 cup all-purpose flour
3 cups chicken stock
4 cups of milk
1 pound white cheddar cheese, grated
1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Coarse salt, freshly ground pepper to taste
1/2 cup warm Canadian golden lager or any pale lager-style beer
Chopped scallions or chives, for garnish
“In a 4- or 5-quart Dutch oven, cook bacon, stirring, over medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until lightly browned. Add red onion, celery, and butter and sauté until onion has softened, about 5 minutes. Add flour and cook, stirring constantly, for about 4 minutes over medium heat. Whisk in chicken stock and bring to boil for 1 minute. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add milk and continue to simmer for 15 minutes. Do not boil after milk is added. Remove from heat and add cheese, Tabasco sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Blend with immersion blender until cheese is melted and soup is smooth. Stir in warm beer. If the soup is too thick, thin with some warm milk. Serve the soup hot, garnished with chopped scallions or chives.”
The Grey Stuff
- 1 1/2 cups cold whole milk
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 15 chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping, thawed
- 3 tablespoons instant chocolate pudding mix
- 12 scalloped sugar cookies
- Edible sugar pearls
“Pour milk into large mixing bowl. Add instant vanilla pudding mix and whisk for 2 minutes until smooth and slightly thickened. Place in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours, until firm. Place chocolate sandwich cookies in food processor and pulse until puréed. Fold puréed cookies into pudding mix. Stir until fully mixed. Add whipped topping and instant chocolate pudding. Stir until fully mixed. Place in refrigerator and chill for one hour. Spoon grey stuff into piping bag fitted with desired tip. Pipe grey stuff onto cookies. Top with sugar pearls.”
The Peanut Butter & Jelly Milk Shake from 50’s Prime Time Café at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons jelly (strawberry or grape)
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup milk
“Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.Add plenty of extra peanut butter or jelly to taste.”
Disney’s Cook’s Notes: You can substitute jelly for two cups of sliced strawberries
Tonga Toast at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 quart canola oil, for frying
- 1 loaf sourdough bread (uncut, 12 inches long)
- 2 large bananas, peeled
Mix the sugar and cinnamon in a medium-sized bowl. Set aside. Then, whip eggs in a medium bowl– beat thoroughly. Add milk, cinnamon, and sugar. Mix well and set aside.
For Tonga Toast:
Using caution, preheat oil to 350°F in a large pot or a deep fryer. (If using a large pot, use a candy thermometer to make certain the oil does not get any hotter or it will burn.)
Slice the bread into four three-inch-thick slices.
Cut each banana in half crosswise, then each piece lengthwise.
Place a bread slice flat on the counter and tear out just enough from the middle (do not tear all the way through) to stuff half a banana into; repeat with each bread slice.
Dip stuffed bread into batter, covering both sides, allowing excess batter to drip off bread and place carefully into hot oil.
Cook 4-5 minutes until golden brown. If needed, turn toast over after 2 minutes and cook for another 2 minutes on other side. Remove and drain excess oil.
Roll toast in cinnamon-sugar. Repeat for each piece of toast.
Pret A Manger’s beloved chocolate chip cookies
The popular high street chain published the beloved recipe after being “inundated” with requests to publish the recipe since the coronavirus outbreak.
According to Pret, they’ll be releasing more great recipes on their social feeds within the next few days!
McDonald’s sausage and egg McMuffin
There’s nothing like the real deal, but McDonald’s shared its sausage-and-egg McMuffin recipe and so far reviews coming in seem like it could be the real deal!
An English muffin
75g Sausage meat
American Cheese Slice
– Toast the English muffin until golden brown.
– Season with a pinch of salt and pepper then shape into balls. Flatten into patty shapes and cook under a pre-heated grill for six to seven minutes on each side (or as per instructions on packaging).
– Brush the inside of a metal ring with a little oil and place in a small frying pan. Pour in just enough water to cover the base then bring to the boil. Crack the eggs into the rings, cover the pan and cook for two-three minutes.
– Assemble your McMuffin by layering the patty and egg on top of a slice of cheese.
– To make a hash brown, grate the potato into a bowl. Mix in an egg, then season with salt and pepper. Heat a glug of oil in a pan then add spoonfuls of the mix. Flatten and cook until golden brown on both sides.
Disney published the recipe for its beloved churros to give fans of the crunchy tweet a “little taste of Disney magic” while at home.
Disney Parks Churro Bites
- 1 cup water
- 8 tablespoons butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups vegetable or canola oil
- ½ cup sugar
- Combine water, butter, salt, and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon in 1 ½-quart saucepan over medium heat. Bring pot to rolling boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add flour and stir vigorously until mix forms a ball. Remove from heat and let rest for 5-7 min.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and stir until combined. Set aside.
- Heat oil in medium skillet or 1-quart saucepan over medium-high heat or until temperature reaches 350˚.
- Spoon dough into piping bag fitted with large star tip. Pipe 1-inch strip of dough over saucepan, cut with knife, and drop into hot oil. Repeat until churro bites fill saucepan with room to fry.
- Fry churro bites until golden brown. Remove with slotted spoon or mesh spider strainer.
- Drain churro bites on paper towel.
- Mix sugar and ½ teaspoon cinnamon in medium bowl. Toss in churro bites until coated. Place on serving plate and serve with favorite dipping sauce.
Wagamama’s katsu curry
To keep up the spirit, Wagamama launched a cooking channel to share its signature katsu curry recipe.
The Chicken Katsu Curry
the sauce | serves two –
2–3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
2.5cm piece of ginger, peeled + grated
1 teaspoon turmeric
2 heaped tablespoons mild
1 tablespoon plain flour
300ml chicken or veg stock
100ml coconut milk
1 teaspoon light soy sauce
1 teaspoon sugar, to taste
the dish | serves two –
120g rice (any rice will do!)
1 quantity katsu curry sauce
2 skinless chicken breasts
50g plain flour
2 eggs, lightly beaten
100g panko breadcrumbs
75ml vegetable oil, for deep-frying
40g mixed salad leaves
DoubleTree’s chocolate chip cookies
According to Bussiness Wire DoubleTree cookies have a long and passionate following. The sites says that more than 30 million are consumed every year, and “the DoubleTree chocolate chip cookie even became the first food to be baked in orbit during experiments aboard the International Space Station.”
DoubleTree Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Makes 26 cookies
½ pound butter, softened (2 sticks)
¾ cup + 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
¾ cup packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 ¼ teaspoons vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 ¼ cups flour
½ cup rolled oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 ⅔ cups Nestle Tollhouse semi-sweet chips chocolate chips
1 ¾ cups chopped walnuts
Waffle House’s waffle mix!
Last week the Waffle House chain revealed it was finally selling bags of its signature waffle mix!
Notice any needed corrections? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org