Getting Through a Long Work Week, As Told in Telenovela GIFs
Telenovelas might be a *little* dramatic when it comes to everyday life, but sometimes the reactions are spot-on for those longggg days at the office.
1. When it’s the Monday after a *party* weekend, and you want to crawl under your desk and nap the whole day.
Why did I drink that last michelada? Why did I think I could survive on three and a half hours of sleep? I am not Machete, survivor of apocalypses! I need a cortadito ASAP.
2. …And when it’s Monday morning, and you have 3,000 unread emails to go through.
Seriously, Sheila? Was “reply all” absolutely necessary to Janice in accounting’s baby announcement?! #ImproperTechnique
3. When you walk into the meeting and nobody knows how to do a video call.
Is this thing on? Can they see us? #BlindLeadingTheBlind
4. When someone decides 60 degrees is just TOO HIGH for the office temperature and lowers the AC to -40.
Is this what The Weeknd meant with, “I can’t feel my face when I’m with you”? I DO NOT love it, it’s cold AF.
5. When a popcorn bag explodes in the communal microwave.
Why have the microwave gods forsaken me? My hair is going to smell like Orville Redenbacher popcorn kernels and I just got it blow driedddd. ????
6. When you’re ranting on gchat with your work BFF about your shared work enemy.
Can HR read our convos? Oh well, YOLO.
7. When your manager walks by, and you try to hide the “spring break getaway deals” tab on your browser.
Delete, delete, delete. #ByeFelicia
8. When you can’t find the emergency Tapatio packets in your office drawer.
How am I supposed to eat my homemade sopa de fideo now? What is life?
9. When you round the corner and see the two interns in your department steal a kiss in the hallway.
This is NOT A CLUB, people. Ay Dios mio. ?
10. When you took a little longer to eat during your lunch break, so you slide into your 3 p.m. meeting like…
Did I miss anything important other than everyone learning how to turn on a video conference call?
11. When people leave the office bathroom dirty (ewww ? ) so you have to take rip up wads of toilet paper to wipe everything down.
WHO RAISED ALL OF YOU???
12. When your manager sends you a “Can you come into my office?” email.
Stay calm, stay calm.
13. …And the meeting is actually about how well your performance has been, so you’re getting a raise! ?
See? The week wasn’t that bad!