Latidomusic

Menudo Series ‘Súbete a Mi Moto’ to Air on Estrella TV This Month

Before there was CNCO, there was Menudo. The Latin boyband arguably paved the way for Latin boybands to come. Estrella Media announced this month that its channel Estrella TV will air Súbete a Mi Moto, a series based on the Puerto Rican group. Menudo launched the careers of former members Ricky Martin and Draco Rosa.

Menudo fans can catch Súbete a Mi Moto on Feb. 14.

Súbete a Mi Moto launched in Mexico and Latin America in October 2020, but Estrella Media will be airing the series in the U.S. for the first time. Menudo fans can the first episode on Sunday, Feb. 14 at 9 PM EST.

“We are truly delighted to bring Súbete a Mi Moto to the U.S. Hispanic audience,” said Ivan Stoilkovich, EVP of television programming at Estrella Media, in a statement. “Menudo was an international smash hit and the first Latin pop band to cross over to the American mainstream market. I am certain this series will appeal to the nostalgic fans in the U.S. as well as transcend generations to attract new followers to Menudo’s musical legacy.”

The story will be told from the perspective of the band’s creator.

The boyband was first put together in the late ’70s and in the following decade, the quintet became the biggest Latin boyband on Earth. After a few line-up changes, Ricky Martin and Draco Rosa joined in the ’80s, just before the band reached its peak international success.

The show’s title is a reference to one of Menudo’s biggest hits “Súbete a Mi Moto.” Each episode is 60-minutes long and the band’s story is told from the perspective of the businessman who put them together. In the series, Menudo’s founder Edgardo Diaz is played by Yamil Urena.

Súbete a Mi Moto was filmed in Mexico and Puerto Rico. Other stars of the series include Braulio Castro and Rocio Verdejo. Get ready to come along for the ride of Menudo’s life.

READ: 19 Facts About The Boy Band Menudo You Might Not Know

Notice any needed corrections? Please email us at corrections@wearemitu.com

Fall 2021 U.S. Tours: Alejandro Sanz, Marc Anthony, Alejandro Fernandéz And More

Latidomusic

Fall 2021 U.S. Tours: Alejandro Sanz, Marc Anthony, Alejandro Fernandéz And More

ALEJANDROSANZ / ALEXOFICIAL / MARCANTHONY / INSTAGRAM

Spanish singer Alejandro Sanz is going to tour the U.S. this fall. As more people are receiving the COVID-19 vaccine, more Latin music stars are announcing tours for later this year. Mexican singer Alejandro Fernandéz and Nuyorican icon Marc Anthony recently announced their tours as well.

Sanz is returning to the U.S. for #LAGIRA 2021.

Sanz will be coming back around to the U.S. for #LAGIRA 2021. The show kicks off in Rosemont on Oct. 8 and runs through major cities like New York, Miami, Houston, and L.A. for the rest of the month. Tickets for the 12 shows will go on sale this Thursday, April 29 at 10 a.m. local time.

#LAGIRA is a continuation of Sanz’s 2019 tour of the same name in support of his #ELDISCO album. At the 2019 Latin Grammy Awards, he won Best Pop Song and Record of the Year for “Mi Persona Favorita” with Cuban-American pop star Camila Cabello.

Marc Anthony’s U.S. Tour will also go on sale this week.

Following his live-stream show fiasco, Anthony announced his fall and winter U.S. tour this week. The Marc Anthony Tour will kick off in San Antonio on Aug. 27 and wrap in L.A. on Dec. 18. Tickets for the 23-date tour will go on sale this Friday, April 30. There will be a pre-sale this Wednesday, April 28.

Alejandro Fernandéz will bring regional Mexican music to the U.S. this fall.

Earlier this month, Fernandéz, the son of ranchera music legend Vicente Fernández, announced his Hecho En México Tour 2021. The tour starts in Reno on Sept. 10 and ends in Phoenix on Oct. 24. Tickets for the 19 dates are on sale now. Alejandro’s son Alex Fernández, Jr. and Mexican star Christian Nodal will open for select dates. Alejandro recently celebrated the tour announcement with his remix of Natanael Cano’s “Amor Tumbado.”

Other tours to look forward to this fall include Colombian pop star Maluma’s Papi Juancho World Tour and Ricky Martin’s joint tour with Enrique Iglesias. Colombian crooner Sebastián Yatra will be opening for the two icons. There’s also Bad Bunny’s El Último Tour Del Mundo 2022 that’s already sold out.

Click here for Latido Music, 24/7 Latin music videos & more

Read: Maluma Announces US Dates for His 2021 Papi Juancho World Tour

Notice any needed corrections? Please email us at corrections@wearemitu.com

Singer-Songwriter Kany García Speaks Out Against Conversion Therapy in Puerto Rico

Entertainment

Singer-Songwriter Kany García Speaks Out Against Conversion Therapy in Puerto Rico

JOCELYN TROCHE

As the Puerto Rican government is debating a bill on conversion therapy, Kany García is speaking out against the controversial practice. The Boricua singer-songwriter wrote an open letter to the senators in favor of Senate Bill 184, which would help end conversion therapy on the island.

Kany is one of Puerto Rico’s most-decorated artists.

García is one of the Puerto Rico’s top artists. She’s won six Latin Grammy out of a career 20 nominations. In March, she was also nominated for her third Grammy Award for her latest album Mesa Para Dos.

This year Kany celebrated five years since coming out.

On Valentine’s Day 2016, García revealed that she was in a relationship with her partner, Jocelyn Troche. The couple is still going strong with Troche appearing in last year’s “Lo Que En Ti Veo.” She and García share beautiful moments in the video. At November’s Latin Grammy Awards, there was a big wave of artists in the LGBTQ+ community in the major categories, including García, Ricky Martin, Pablo Alborán, and Jesse y Joy’s Joy Huerta.

She’s telling Puerto Rican senators to pass Senate Bill 184 in her letter.

Since coming out, García has remained at the forefront of queer issues in Puerto Rico. The passage of Senate Bill 184 seeks to prohibit conversion therapy. The controversial practice has long harmed LGBTQ+ communities. It’s thought of as a way to rid them of their queer gender or sexual identities.

“Puerto Rico deserves that every girl and boy, every young woman and young man can be who they want to be and love who they want to love,” García wrote in her letter. “This measure has nothing to do with religion and everything to do with the protection of Puerto Rican children and youth.”

García speaks from her own experience. “I am an example of how to be faithful to who you are. I am a woman who deeply loves her partner and who is loved by her family and by our people. There is nothing to change. There is nothing to repair. There’s nothing to heal. We have to give the same opportunity that I have had, to be who I am, to all our children and youth.”

García further writes that the bill should be passed as-is without any amendments. According to Al Día news, Popular Democratic Party Senators Gretchen Hau, Elizabeth Rosa Velez, and Migdalia Gonzalez have filed several amendments to Senate Bill 184 as of Wednesday. Puerto Rico’s governor Pedro Pierluisi has indicated that he’s ready to override the senators if necessary.

Click here for Latido Music, 24/7 Latin music videos & more

Read: Thalía, Alejandra Gúzman, Anitta And More Lined-Up for ‘Ellas y Su Música’ Mother’s Day Special

Notice any needed corrections? Please email us at corrections@wearemitu.com