21 Reasons Chipotle Is A Vegan Haven
Who remembers when the taquería people would look at you like you’re crazy when you asked if the rice had lard in it? Those days are over. Not only has Chipotle stepped up their game and created a vegan protein, but most Southwest Mexican joints know what a vegan is now. (But Chipotle wins.)
1. Everything your eye can see is vegan.@LodgeMich / Twitter
At least in this picture. Chipotle is an oasis–no hidden ingredients, no hidden pork lard in the beans, or french fries. What looks vegan, is vegan, praise Jesus.
2. Sofritas are everything.@kvann / Twitter
Yeah, yeah, we can get all our protein from beans, but you can only get joy from tofu braised in sofrito. The Puerto Rican in me was screaming when this happened a couple years ago.
3. Soft Shell Tacos@HandleDistrict / Twitter
You can order tacos a la carte, and they don’t play. Two tacos = one food baby.
4. Hard Shell Tacos@vegfoodfest / Twitter
You’d be shocked to learn that some places don’t have vegan hard shell tacos. Taco Bell’s tostada shell is actually non-vegan.
5. Who says vegans eat veggies?@dgrreen / Twitter
Yah. Veggies ain’t for all of us. Pero todos los frijoles son nuestros. You can always ask Chipotle to do half black and half pinto if you can’t decide.
6. Use nachos as utensils.@trismac / Twitter
It’s for the environment, OK. Leave those plastic utensils behind. Pick up a bag of chips instead. 😉
7. Life hack: a side of tortillas is free.@ordinaryvegan / Twitter
And you get way more food in a burrito bowl than you do in a burrito. Plus the tortilla. #PoorMansLife
8. Double life hack: bring vegan sour cream with you.@BigTentVegan / Twitter
You’ll find this on my tombstone, but it’s a game changer. See that lil slice of Tofutti in the corner of that pic? It’s the money shot.
9. Vegan burritos stand like a Queen.@IamAdamLamp / Twitter
I salute you, future food baby. Get in mah belly.
10. Let’s talk sides.Chipotle
Chips + guacamole? It’s not optional, it’s a must. Be sure to get the little slices of lime by the straws and drizzle that ish.
11. When all her salsas are vegan. ????Chipotle
There’s no dairy-filled creamy cilantro dressing happening here like *cough* Pollo Loco *cough*.
12. Here’s how to build a vegan meal at Chipotle:Chipotle
You start by ordering either tacos, burrito, burrito bowl or a salad. TBH, the only difference between the salad and burrito bowl is if you like your romaine on the bottom of your bowl or on top…
13. Either way, it all comes with your choice of rice.Chipotle
You can go with a healthy cilantro-lime brown rice. I’m glued to this oily, drool-worthy masterpiece like brown on rice.
14. Or go for the comfort foods.Chipotle
Let’s be honest, this is an emotional journey. Follow what your heart is telling you.
15. Pile on the beans, primo.Chipotle
The Vegetarian special includes your choice of beans and fajitas. For just an extra dollar, you can get sofritas on top of that.
We call that an elevated vegan dish.
16. The pinto beans are new(ish)ly vegan, too!Chipotle
It used to be that they used bacon fat in the beans, but a couple years ago, they made beans accessible to all. ????
17. All the flavor lies here:Chipotle
The vegetable fajitas are just the right balance of onion and peppers, and you won’t find a soggy or a crunchy bite. It’s just perfection.
18. We know, the guac is extra.Chipotle
And forever worth it. Take my money, Chipotle. When I’m around guac, IDGAF.
19. Pile on the salsas, amiga.Chipotle
You won’t find a salsa tainted with shredded mozzarella or cotija. But definitely avoid the shredded mozzarella and sour cream options.
20. Be sure to drink plenty of water.Chipotle
Because, strangely, Chipotle’s fresh salsa is crazy high in sodium. Don’t ask me why I know this.
21. Do rehydrate on margaritas.Chipotle
‘Cause they’re vegan, too. ???? ???? ????
Got any more fast food hacks? Dale, comment below. ⬇️
Notice any needed corrections? Please email us at email@example.com