20 Things Your Non-Latino Friends Say that Make You Think WTF?
There are those times when our non-Latino friends can make comments that, under the wrong light, can be straight up offensive….or at the very least make them look extremely dumb. Do your non-Latino friends a favor, compárteles esta guía and save them from embarrassing themselves, or pissing the wrong vato off.
1. Are you Spanish?
Geography check: you are aware there is only ONE country called Spain, right?
2. You don’t look Latina.
We’re not all just a clone of whatever stereotype you have in mind.
3. You’re so light-skinned. You almost look white.
Breaking news, we come in all shades.
READ: Worst Questions Latino Vegans Get Asked
4. You don’t have an accent.
Really? Mi abuela would be so disappointed.
5. Do you speak Mexican?
I’m begging you, please go back to school and demand your money back.
6. HOW do you know how to dance salsa?
How can’t you not? It’s quite simple actually.
7. I LOVE Chipotle and Taco Bell.
So do I. What’s your point?
READ: 11 Backhanded Compliments You Get from Las Tías…and Mom
8. Pssstttt..mami, mami, mamiiiiiiiiii
I have not seen her, but will let her know her son is out on the street cat-calling every Latina that walks by.
9. When did you arrive to America?
I think it was around Christmas of ’86, when my dad knocked my mom up at a party in Jersey.
10. You totally don’t act like them.
Who’s them, exactly?
11. Say something to me in Spanish.
12. It’s cool, my wife is Colombian.
13. You speak English so well!
Yeah, I’m an advanced bilingual creature like that. *Eye roll.
14. You are the least Hispanic girl I know!
Why cuz I don’t like Banda and Nortenas … Wtf , we come in different shapes ,sizes, shades, we like different things , we have different taste for music too ….. Haaaaaaa they make me mad sometimes .
15. Isn’t Día de muertos like Mexican Halloween?
Not. EVEN. A Little BIT.
16. Wait… you’re not Mexican?
Wait.. you’re not intelligent?
17. What’s the difference between Latinos and Hispanics?
The best question to be asked when you’re at the bar and particularly don’t have the mind for that ignorance.
18. Do you know a good place to get a good burrito around here?
Again. Why do you think that falls under my people’s cuisine of expertise boo.
19. What do you mean you don’t like spicy food?
I MEAN I don’t like Spanish food.
20. You’re the whitest latino I know.
Some pendeja will say this to you thinking that you will feel complicated but IRL nothing makes you see red more than this.
Recommend this story by clicking the share button below!
Notice any needed corrections? Please email us at email@example.com