Everything You Need To Watch That’s New To Streaming Platforms In September
Summer may be coming to an end but the streaming platforms – like Netflix and Hulu – are keeping things hot with a ton of new content to add to that watch list. And although we may also be forced to say goodbye to some of our favorites (since many shows also get cut every month), this new content helps take the sting out of that a little bit.
Below is a roundup of our favorite titles coming to Netflix, Hulu and Disney+ this month along with a few titles that we will be sad to see go adios.
- Cesar Millan: Better Human Better Dog: We’re getting more episodes from the first season of this hit show featuring the dog whisperer himself.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides: The fourth installment in the Pirates of the Caribbean series, this chapter draws its plot loosely from the 1987 novel On Stranger Tides.
- The Fault in Our Stars: This coming of age romance film is definitely one that will make your cry.
- Disney’s Magic Bake-Off: If you’re like me, then you’re a sucker for these baking competition shows. Now throw in some very talented kids and the entire genre just got supercharged.
- Anaconda: This ‘it’s so awful it’s good’ movie is from 1997 but it never gets old. I mean Ice Cube and Jennifer Lopez in a movie about a giant snake…yes please!
- Edward Scissorhands: The classic will once again be back on our screens as we start to watch more and more scary movies going into fall.
- Magic Mike: This one will be on repeat for many of us feeling lonely during another round of quarantine.
- Slumdog Millionaire: The incredible rags to riches saga is coming to Netflix for the very first time! Finally!
- Wu-Tang: An American Saga: Although it’s a fictional take on the formation of the now iconic group the Wu-Tang Clan, this powerful show brings all the drama.
Hulu is also blessing us with a great linup of horror films just in time to get us ready for Halloween season. Everything from multiple takes on Friday the 13th to The Omen and The Ring to Tim Burton’s Corpse Bride, and even The X-Files.
- Dear White People: Netflix brings us Season 4 of this award-winning series and it will be the last season. So don’t forget to add it to that watch list!
- Jaws: We are getting all the films in the series just in time to scare your pants off!
- Love on the Spectrum: Season 2: This hit dating show from Australia is a compassionate, human celebration of difference, and of love and it’s coming back for another season!
- Too Hot To Handle Latino: Narrated by Itatí Cantoral, the reality show will premiere its first three episodes on September 15. Gathered in a tropical paradise, a group of singles from Mexico, Argentina, Colombia and Spain, intend to spend the wildest summer of their lives, avoiding all sexual contact, in a competition for $100,000.
Netflix is also cutting several of our favorite shows this month!
Hit shows like Beauty and The Beast (Seasons 1-4) and Star Trek (1-3), Star Trek: Voyager (Seasons 1-7) and Star Trek: Enterprise (Seasons 1-4) are being cut from the platform this month. Movies like Kung Fu Panda, Boogie Nights and Insidious are also being removed from the streaming platform, likely to make room for all of the upcoming horror and Halloween content they’ll be adding over the next few weeks.
What shows and movies are you most excited to see added? Or saddest to see go? Let us know in the comments!
Notice any needed corrections? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org