Jennifer Lopez Is A Red Carpet Queen! Here’s 25 Of Her Most Iconic Looks
When it comes to style, Jennifer Lopez knows how to make a statement. Just as the Nuyorican singer/actress/designer/everything can do it all on the stage or in the board room, she’s also shown she can take it from street style to couture when she’s rocking the red carpet. Her looks are so iconic they’re seared into our memory, and we may have even tried replicating them with lesser success. But, hey, at least we tried!
Here’s J.Lo’s 25 most iconic looks!
25. Her minty green Valentino gown at the 2003 Academy AwardsPhoto credit: Robert Gauthier/Los Angeles Times via Getty Images)
This gown had major ’70s vintage glam factor! From its caftan cut, to the sparkly embellishments, to the perfect hair, this look was head-to-toe perfection.
24. Her golden goddess Michal Kors gown at the 61st annual Golden GlobesPhoto credit: Jeff Kravitz/FilmMagic, Inc.
She showed up on the red carpet rocking one of the statement looks of 2004 – the Grecian toga-style gown. The marigold color popped on her bronze skin, and the silver leather embellishments added a touch of edge.
23. The show stopping Julien McDonald stunner at the Billboard Latin Music AwardsPhoto credit: Alexander Tamargo/WireImage
We get it. Miami is a hot city, and J.Lo probably wants to ensure she can stay cool. This barely there number worn in 2017 proves that Florida’s hot, hot heat is nothing compared to the fire Lopez radiates. I mean, damn! It’s not even fair.
22. More Valentino Haute Couture at the 2017 Met GalaPhoto credit: Neilson Barnard/Getty Images
Lopez loves herself some Valentino, and can’t resist a ’70s throwback look! And she does it so damn well. She showed up to the Met Gala radiating high-end “I Dream of Jeannie” realness that made this stand apart at even one of the most avant garde red carpets the fashion world sees.
21. Wearing a Black Anthony Vaccarello at the 2013 GrammysPhoto by Jon Kopaloff/FilmMagic
It’s pretty rare for Lopez to wear black. She loves bright, statement prints and colors, but this black gown is right in line with the cuts and styles she usually goes for. If there’s a Studio 54-esque one-shoulder gown out there, J.Lo is gonna want it.
20. Her Mini, Baby Pink Marchesa FrockPhoto by Paul Archuleta/FilmMagic
Again, if it’s got some vintage glitz to it, J.Lo is all over it. This feathery mini dress she wore at a Golden Globes after party in 2011 has the mod spunk and glamour that only she can pull off.
19. This Gold Marchesa Gown With Plunging NecklinePhoto by Jason Merritt/Getty Images
Something Lopez has that so many other red carpet mainstays wish they had is the ability to do diva level glitz and major sex appeal, all while keeping it totally classy. This 2009 Golden Globes look could easily be way too much for a mere mortal to rock, but Lopez is a goddess.
18. The Sparkly Cream Mini And Head Scarf At the VMAsPhoto by Bryan Bedder/Getty Images
This is a lot of look, and most people couldn’t handle even just one element of this outfit. And yet, J.Lo hits that red carpet doing all three, handing out a smoldering look to the cameras. It’s got that ’70s glam she loves too!
16. Bright Yellow Giambattista Valli Haute Couture at the 2016 Golden GlobesPhoto by Steve Granitz/WireImage
Lopez does not shy away from color. In fact, she revels in it. When she stepped out in this bright yellow gown at the Globes, there wasn’t a head that didn’t turn.
15. Black Lace Dolce & Gabbana At An NYC Fashion EventPhoto by Theo Wargo/WireImage
You can always tell when Lopez caught “Valley of the Dolls” playing late night on TV. This look has evil ’60s doña written all over it and I AM HERE FOR IT. It’s so dramatic and kind of silly, but so, so good.
14. In Dark Green Pucci Dress She Wore to the BAFTA’s in 2011Photo by Valerie Macon – Pool/Getty Images
As always, even when J.Lo does understated there has to be a statement piece to her look. That sparkly sleeve turned this simple gown up a notch, and that’s literally what she does everywhere. She elevates the glam.
13. In White Zuhair Murad at the Golden GlobesPhoto by George Pimentel/WireImage
This dress could have easily been a total jealous bridesmaid trying to steal the brides thunder type of look. And it might be just a little bit. But on Lopez, she just makes it shine, and stand out on its own.
12. The Nude Elie Saab Princess Gown At The 2015 OscarsPhoto by Getty / Jason Merritt
This is a lot of dress, but Lopez is a lot of woman and she can carry it. The Elie Saab is nothing short of a fairy tale gown made for running up the steps to a castle, or in Lopez’s case, riding up a glass elevator to a penthouse.
11. The Pink Versace Mermaid GownGetty / Frank Micelotta Archive
Lopez made another Versace gown iconic, but we’ll get back to that later. This baby pink, form hugging mermaid-cut gown she wore at the 2002 Oscars was sweet and sexy. The hair was…questionable. Even J.Lo misses the mark sometimes, but reminds us that the prettiest dress can’t hide some truly un-cute hair. But there’s no disputing Jenny’s got serious moves! Take a look at Jlo’s top 25 music videos!!
10. Olive Green Jean Desses in 2006Credit: Getty / Frazer Harrison
This color just pops on Lopez! The cut, dramatic train, and rouching of the dress serves up a mega ’50s look that stands the test of time. It’s just so perfect, and hugs her curves in all the right places.
9. Beaded Badgley Mischka Back In 1997Credit: Getty / Jeffrey Mayer
When Lopez was still a relative newbie to the red carpet, she still brought the glamour. This beaded gown had a bit of of bridesmaid vibe, but it was beautiful and gave us a glimpse of what was to come from the soon-to-be superstar.
8. Frothy Pink Armani Privé in 2010Credit: Getty / Steve Granitz
Lopez always makes daring choices on the red carpet, and this pink gown she wore to the Oscars was a touch Glenda the Good Witch in a way that I definitely cosign. She’s not afraid to try something different, and that’s why Lopez is always a favorite.
7. Shiny Zuhair Murad in 2012Credit: Getty / Michael Buckner
This sexy number screams ’30s bombshell! This is a gown that Jean Harlow would have worn, but thankfully we got J.Lo in it looking like the silver screen starlet she is.
6. The Ultra Sexy Silver Charbel Zoe Gown at the VMAsCredit: KEVIN MAZUR/WIREIMAGE, GETTY IMAGES
Good. Lord. How. How can anyone pull this off? Oh, that’s right. Jennifer Lopez isn’t anyone. This sparkly numbers is the dress we all dream of being able to wear, even to the grocery store.
5. Her 2001 Chanel Gown She Wore At The OscarsCredit: Getty / Jeff Kravitz
She may have been rocking some arm candy that fateful Oscar night, but Lopez was the real sweet thing in this demure Chanel gown. But because it’s J.Lo and she can’t go around looking too prim, the see-through top proved she still brings the sexy.
4. Her Badgley Mischka That Set Her Path Into GlamCredit: Getty / Kevin Mazur
This Badgley Mischka number is arguably the first step Lopez took into the sexy, glam looks that would come to be her trademark.
3. Black and Embellished Reem Acra At The People’s Choice AwardsCredit: AFP
Lopez doesn’t wear black very often, but you damn well know if she is going to it’s going to have some POW! And this Reem Acra gown definitely brings that thanks to some steely beaded embellishments. It’s that touch of glitz she always brings to the table. I mean, carpet.
2. Her All-White Sean Jean Look At The VMAsPhoto by Jason Merritt/Getty Images
Back when she was dating Diddy, Lopez showed her support by rocking some of his Sean Jean line. The look become an instant classic, showing off the Bronx babe’s street sensibility.
1. THE DRESS! You Know Which OnePhoto by Scott Gries/ImageDirect
Lopez’s career can be timed as BTD and ATD – Before the Dress and After the Dress. the famous green Versace is not just a defining moment for Lopez, but an iconic moment in red carpet history. No one will ever forget it.
What’s your favorite J.Lo red carpet look?
Notice any needed corrections? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org