Here Are 11 Girl Codes That Every Latina Either Swears By Or Totally Hates
If you and your friends live by the girl code, you know there’s bound to be some drama if anyone breaks the rules. But are these codes really serious, or are they kind of silly? Check them out and decide for yourself…
1. Never hate on another woman’s success.
Don't hate on other women period, or their success. #GirlCode
— Princess Turtle (@iamkhiraj) April 15, 2015
It’s all about empowering one another, not bringing each other down.
2. Don’t judge your best friend unless you’re giving positive criticism.
So if you know your friend is getting herself into some trouble, let her know!
3. Always keep it real. ?
You just have to be upfront and completely honest with each other.
4. Never date your best friend’s ex.
You just aren't allowed to date your homegirls ex ? #girlcode
— Evaalin ? (@Evelingarciaaa) March 8, 2017
Just find yourself another boyfriend. Friends are harder to find than friends.
5. Also, don’t ever think about dating your best friend’s brother or sister.
It’ll just be weird and awkward for all of you.
6. Never let another woman cry over someone who isn’t worth it.
Just SLAP her out of it if you have to.
7. If your best friend doesn’t like someone, then you don’t like that person either.
If I don't like someone, my friends can't like them either #GirlCode
— J Ξ N N Ξ L ↞ (@JennelGarcia) July 24, 2013
That’s just the rule.
8. If your best friend gets into a fight (within reason), you have to have her back.
And you have to be there in 0.5 seconds.
*PS – We don’t condone violence of any kind.
9. If your friend needs you to make up a lie for her, then you do it.
…no matter how extreme the lie is.
10. When you go out to a bar or club with your friends, always stick together.
— •CallmePaím? (@Akire__Tavares) March 6, 2017
Drunk or sober, you just can’t leave each other behind.
11. Most importantly, if another woman is on her period and doesn’t have a pad or tampon at hand, HELP. HER. OUT!
No matter how much you hate her, if she needs a tampon you gotta help a girl out. #girlcode
— Princess Anaid?? (@Anaid_Ortega) January 3, 2017
Now this one is CODE RED…literally.
What girl codes do you follow? Comment and hit the share button below!
Notice any needed corrections? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org