This Special Shirt Is Helping RAICES And Kids Who Are Locked Up In Migrant Detention Centers
As the migrant crisis rages on and people are being forced into cages, forced to sleep on cold floors, forced into overcrowded detention centers, many of us wonder what can we do to help.
We are partnering with RAICES and donating 100 percent of the proceeds from this shirt to help this nonprofit continue their fight to free these children from cages and offer legal advice to all migrants seeking asylum in the US.
We’ve all seen the crisis at the border and the inhumane treatment of these migrant children. Show your support for migrant rights — and human rights — by rocking your own “Close The Camps” tee. Because NO ONE BELONGS IN A CAGE.
These are the shirts you can buy to help RAICES and children locked up in migrant detention centers.
To everyone that wants to help migrants during this difficult and unjust time, here is what you can do…buy a shirt from Mitú and 100% of the proceeds will go to RAICES – an organization working hard to help migrants.
Click here to purchase our #CloseTheCamps tee and support the cause.
RAICES does amazing work to help the migrant community – especially children who have been separated from their families.
These are just some of the crucial legal services that RAICES provides to immigrants:
- Relative Petitions
- Adjustment of Status
- Employment Authorization
- Cancellation of Removal
- U Visas (for victims of crimes [and their immediate family members] who have suffered substantial mental or physical abuse and are willing to assist law enforcement and government officials in the investigation or prosecution of the criminal activity).
- T Visas (for certain victims of human trafficking and immediate family members to remain and work temporarily in the United States, typically if they agree to assist law enforcement in testifying against the perpetrators).
- Temporary Protected Status
- The Nicaraguan Adjustment and Central American Relief Act
- Special Immigrant Juvenile Status
- The Violence Against Women Act
They also have been vocal activists as ICE raids take place across the country.
RAICES has also held Facebook Lives and taken to the streets to educate people on their rigths should they encounter ICE.
And as Trump orders ICE to conduct nationwide raids, it’s more important than ever to know your rights.
They even host DACA renewal workshops for the community.
For immigrants who are eligible for DACA, RAICES has a program in which they offer legal services, advice, and assistance with the entire process. These workshops are invaluable to those who may be intimidated by the process or in fear that coming forward may land them before a judge.
And they need your help to keep doing the amazing work they’re doing.
Remember to buy your shirt today to help children being held in migrant detention centers! Click here to get yours.