After Going Public With Rape Allegations Against One Of The World’s Biggest Soccer Stars, People Are Coming For Her With Serious Threats
Last week, news broke that Neymar Jr, the Brazilian footballer, was being accused of rape and assault.
Now, the woman who accused him says that she’s being threatened and intimidated ever since she came forward.
All of this started when the woman came out of the shadows to tell her side of the story to Brazilian media.
In text messages with Buzzfeed News, the model said: “I have no life, my apartment was broken into, I cannot take care of my son.”
According to a report by the Sao Paulo police, the woman said she met Neymar da Silva through Instagram. Neymar, as he’s known to fans, plays for French soccer team Paris Saint-Germain, which pays him roughly $1 million per week, and Brazil’s national soccer team.
The 26-year-old model said in the report that Neymar “supplied her with plane tickets and accommodation” at a Parisian hotel in mid-May, according to a CNN translation. The encounter began calm and normal when Neymar first arrived at the hotel. The two even cuddled for a while. However, at a certain point, “Neymar became aggressive and violently engaged in sexual intercourse against the will of the victim.”
Because of the way she’s been treated, many are asking is there anything more important than Neymar Jr. in Brazil.
The model’s lawyer defended his client in an interview with CNN, calling her a victim “who, until proven otherwise, has been raped.”
“Najila is a victim. Is there nothing more important in Brazil than Neymar?” lawyer Danilo Garcia de Andrade told CNN, adding that “if Neymar is innocent, let the police get it straightened out, but in a just, humane, legal way.”
On Friday, Trindade fainted and hit her head while being questioned by police in relation to the alleged incident, according to Garcia.
He accused members of the press and the public of hostility as he carried Trindade to a police car after the interview.
Meanwhile, Neymar is facing two separate investigations in Brazil.
First, the Sao Paulo police are looking into the rape and assault allegations. It’s in Sao Paulo where Neymar’s accuser first filed a police report on May 31 claiming that the footballer assaulted and raped her earlier that month.
Neymar quickly took to Instagram to deny the allegations, saying: “I was induced to do it, it was something that happened, it was a trap and I ended up falling for it, but that’s a lesson from here on out.” His representatives have said he is the victim of extortion.
Instagram quickly took down the video saying it violated its policies. However, the second police investigation focuses on cybercrime given Neymar took to Instagram two days after the report was filed to deny the accusation and share sexually charged text exchanges that occurred between the two after the alleged rape took place, in order to prove their interactions were consensual.
The texts included nude photos of the model. Posting intimate photos of another person is a crime under Brazilian law. Rio de Janeiro police have opened the investigation because Neymar showed the photos on social media while he was in Rio de Janeiro training with the Brazilian national team.