Things That Matter

Man Posts Snapchat Photo Of Murdered Victim Saying “I don’t know what to do”

A 21-year-old New Jersey man allegedly choked a 19-year-old to death during sex, took a photo of her naked body and shared it on Snapchat, according to authorities. A probable cause affidavit filed by police said that Michael T. Gaffney told officers he knew the victim, Francis Victoria Garcia through mutual friends. 

After strangling her during sex in his car, Gaffney took a photo before alerting their friends she was unconscious. A friend arrived to see Garcia’s lips were purple, although she was still breathing through her nose. After seeking help Garcia was declared dead at Hackensack University Medical Center. 

Gaffney is charged with reckless manslaughter.

According to the affidavit, Gaffney and Garcia began talking on social media a week before they met up with friends. 

“Gaffney and Garcia made plans to hang out with those friends as a group on the evening of [Nov.1],” the affidavit states. “At some point during the evening, Gaffney and Garcia went to her car to hang out. There, the two engaged in sexual intercourse for approximately 20 minutes. At some point, Gaffney placed his hands around Garcia’s neck. She subsequently lost consciousness.”

After Garcia lost consciousness, Gaffney took a photo of her body. He posted the image on Snap Chat with the caption, “Just f***ed this b***h. I don’t know what to do.”

When he finished using social media, he called his friends who were hanging out at a nearby apartment to tell them she stopped breathing. The friend who arrived said he “could feel air coming out of her nose,” but her lips were purple. 

A coroner found Garcia may have died of asphyxiation. 

Although a medical examiner found Garcia had a blood-alcohol level of .256, it is believed it was asphyxiation that killed her. The Bergen County Medical Examiner’s Office found “compression injuries” on her neck, likely ruling out a drug overdose as the cause, according to the Daily Voice. However, a full autopsy has not yet been completed. 

“I do find it curious that when a woman’s body goes lifeless or still, he takes a naked picture and posts it to 30 people,” Superior Court Judge Margaret Foti said, refusing to release Gaffney on bond because of the callous nature of his actions. 

However, Gaffney maintains that what happened was essentially an accident. 

“The 5-foot-8-inch, 180-pound Gaffney, who has a history of alcohol and drug use, told detectives that they’d taken prescription medication and were having rough sex in her car when she lost consciousness, a law enforcement source said,” according to the Daily Voice.

Gaffney’s attorney, Adam Lustberg told People, we should reserve our judgment until the trial runs its course. 

“I just ask everyone to withhold judgment until all of the facts and evidence come in to allow us to try this case in the court of law instead of the court of public opinion,” Lustberg said. 

The lawyer also remained skeptical until a full autopsy is completed dismissing the asphyxiation presumption as mere paperwork, “there is a death certificate abstract which just lists the cause of death,” he said.

Garcia’s family speaks out about her death in GoFundMe. 

The relatives of Garcia have raised $1,400 of their $10,000 goal on GoFundMe to raise funds for her funeral arrangements. 

“On Saturday November 2nd, 2019 my mother received the news that every parent fears. My 19-year-old sister had been found dead inside her vehicle while she was attending a party. My sister’s life was suddenly shortened by a coward leaving us with a deep sorrow,” Luis Banegas, her brother said on the GoFundMe page. “Her death is still under investigation and the person responsible for her death has been arrested. We ask that you please help our family gather enough funds to give my sister Francis Veronica Garcia a proper burial.” 

Gaffney’s family attempted to start their own GoFundMe to raise funds for his legal fees, however shortly after, the account was shut down by the company. 

“I can confirm that we removed the campaign and all donors have been fully refunded because it violated our terms and conditions. It’s also important to know that the platform is backed by the GoFundMe Guarantee, which means funds are guaranteed to go to the right place or donors will get a refund,” a spokesperson for GoFundMe told TooFab

Within a few days, despite not making their goal, Banegas announced they were able to give Garcia a proper burial due to support from others. 

“We were able to give my sister a funeral that she would’ve loved. My mother was joyful to see all the people that came to support her and came to pay their goodbyes. Again, thank you for all the donations. I will be stopping the fundraiser now because with all your help and the help from family and friends we’ve achieved our goal,” he wrote. 

Notice any needed corrections? Please email us at corrections@wearemitu.com

From FBI Raids To Felony Charges: It Was A Bad Week For YouTubers

Entertainment

From FBI Raids To Felony Charges: It Was A Bad Week For YouTubers

iamalexstokes / jakepaul / Instagram

It’s been a bad week for some of the world’s most popular YouTubers. Jake Paul and the Stoke twins are dealing with law enforcement and it’s not in their favor. Here’s what happened this week with some of your faves.

Jake Paul, brother of problematic Logan Paul, had the FBI raid his home this week.

The FBI raided Jak Paul’s Calabasas home in connection with the riot at the Scottsdale Fashion Square in Arizona. Paul claimed not to be involved in the rioting and looting though he admits it looks like he was on camera. The YouTuber claims that he was just trying to find the George Floyd protests and was hoping to figure out from being at the Scottsdale Fashion Square.

The raid is tied to the riot in Scottsdale, Arizona that Paul was involved with.

Scottsdale Police first issued arrest warrants and charges for Paul and his friends in connection to the riot but have since dismissed them without prejudice. According to the police department, the charges were dropped so that that FBI could complete their own investigation into Paul. The guns seized from his home were not the reason the FBI raided the home and are currently in Los Angeles Sherrif’s Department, according to TMZ. The guns can be retrieved if Paul can show that he owns them with proof of purchase.

The Stokes Twins are also facing some serious charges from law enforcement.

Alan and Alex Stokes are famous for their prank videos. However, one of their prank videos from last October has gotten them into a lot of trouble. The twins are each facing one felony count of fake imprisonment affected by violence, menace, fraud, or deceit, and one demeanor count of falsely reporting an emergency.

The twins filmed a prank in October 2019 where they dressed in all black with ski masks and carried duffle bags full of cash. According to a press release from Orange County district attorney’s office, the twins ordered an Uber and the driver refused to drive them thinking they had committed a crime. A witness called the police and when the police arrived they ordered the Uber driver out of his car with guns drawn. Police let the driver go when it was determined he was not involved.

The twins are facing four years in jail for the prank.

View this post on Instagram

Caption this 😂

A post shared by Alex Stokes (@imalexstokes) on

“These were not pranks,” Orange County District Attorney Todd Spitzer said in the press release. “These are crimes that could have resulted in someone getting seriously injured or even killed. Law enforcement officers are sworn to protect the public and when someone calls 911 to report an active bank robbery they are going to respond to protect lives. Instead, what they found was some kind of twisted attempt to gain more popularity on the internet by unnecessarily putting members of the public and police officers in danger.”

Be careful with your pranks, kids. You never know when your jajajas will turn to crimes because of a lack of foresight.

READ: The World’s Highest-Paid YouTuber Made $29 Million In 2019 And Their Identity May Surprise You

Notice any needed corrections? Please email us at corrections@wearemitu.com

Mum Forced To Shave Head After Attacker Stuck Glue-Filled Hat On Her

Fierce

Mum Forced To Shave Head After Attacker Stuck Glue-Filled Hat On Her

Gonzalo Arroyo Moreno / Getty

A Colombian woman has been forced to shave the hair off of her head after a man forced a hat filled with glue onto it. The attack, which occurred in front of the woman’s son, caused her to also suffer from second-degree burns.

Marcela Tascon was attacked last week by an unknown man who forced a corrosive substance on to her head.

View this post on Instagram

Quería de primera mano publicar lo que me pasó.

A post shared by marcela Tascon (@marcelatascon89) on

According to reports, Tascon was at her home when a man that she did not know rang the doorbell to her apartment building and claimed to be delivering flowers for her. After the man entered the apartment complex, Tascon opened her door. Before the attack, the man asked if she was Marcela Tascon.

“Once at the door of my house, and in front of my eight-year-old son, he threw the flowers at my feet, called me a “son of a b*tch”, and pulled the hat over my head,” Tascon recalled. “He ran away, my son was shouting, very scared, and I rushed to the bathroom to clean up my head and asked my son to call the police or friends.”

Soon after the incident, Tascon was taken to a hospital where she was treated for second-degree burns to her scalp.

“The doctor told me that this kind of attack is very common in Colombia, where it is called “doing the shampoo,” Tascon told Daily Mail. “It is commonly ordered by jealous wives after finding out their husbands had cheated on them or because they envy the other women.”

Doctors at the hospital were forced to shave Tascon’s head in order to properly treat the burns and remove the glue on her hair.

Tascon is the owner of a beauty salon that is located in the same building as her home. She said that prior to the attack, she received suspicious phone calls from a woman with a Colombian accent who asked to make an appointment with her. Tascon says the woman had called her months before asking to come in to do her hair at the salon and to receive the shop’s location.

‘Two weeks later, I saw a suspicious man in my building holding a mobile phone and I asked neighbors if they were expecting a visitor,’ she recalled.

Moments before the attack, Tuscon says that she received another phone call from someone she believes to be the same woman with a Colombian accent. Tascon believes the man had been sent by the woman to attack her. Police investigations have yet to be made and the investigation is ongoing.

Notice any needed corrections? Please email us at corrections@wearemitu.com