Entertainment

Cuban-American Director Brett Ratner Accused Of Sexual Assault By 6 Actresses

In an explosive article from The Los Angeles Times, six women have come forward claiming that Cuban-American director Brett Ratner sexually assaulted and/or harassed them. After The New York Times and The New Yorker released stories detailing abuse by Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein, more stories came out about prominent men in Hollywood, including director James Toback and actor Kevin Spacey.

Ratner, 48, has directed movies that include the “Rush Hour” franchise as well as “The Family Man,” “Red Dragon,” and “X-Men: The Last Stand.”

The women spoke in detail about their claims against Ratner.

Actress Olivia Munn said that in 2004, Ratner masturbated in front of her. 

?

A post shared by Olivia Munn (@oliviamunn) on

Munn had previously written about the incident in 2010 without naming Ratner. A year later, Ratner revealed he was the person in question and then claimed he slept with Munn. In an interview with Howard Stern, Ratner later admitted he lied about having a sexual relationship with Munn.

“It feels as if I keep going up against the same bully at school who just won’t quit,” Munn told The Los Angeles Times. “You just hope that enough people believe the truth and for enough time to pass so that you can’t be connected to him anymore.”

Natasha Henstridge said she was 19 when Ratner forced himself on her. 

He strong-armed me in a real way,” Henstridge told the Times. “He physically forced himself on me. At some point, I gave in and he did his thing.”

Jaime Ray Newman said Ratner sat next to her on a flight and told her was addicted to oral sex.

Newman said she was on a flight in 2005 when Ratner asked to be seated next to her. Newman alleges that Ratner disclosed incredibly obscene things to her, including that he was addicted to oral sex. They had never met before.

He was graphically describing giving me oral sex and how he was addicted to it,” Newman told the Times.

Katharine Towne said Ratner followed her into a bathroom in 2005.

“He started to come on to me in a way that was so extreme,” Towne told the Times. “I think it’s pretty aggressive to go in the bathroom with someone you don’t know and close the door.”

Ratner’s lawyer, Martin Singer, responded to this claim by saying: “Even if hypothetically this incident occurred exactly as claimed, how is flirting at a party, complimenting a woman on her appearance, and calling her to ask her for a date wrongful conduct?”

Two other actresses who appeared as extras in “Rush Hour 2” claim that Ratner promised to give them speaking parts in the film in exchange for sexual favors.

In response to all the claims, Ratner’s lawyer, Martin Singer, denied all accusations.

READ: It’s Time For Men To Step Up And Call Out Their Homies About Sexual Harassment And Assault

Recommend this story to a friend by clicking on the share button below.

Notice any needed corrections? Please email us at corrections@wearemitu.com

NFL Lineman Justin Herron Saved A 71-Year-Old Woman Who Was Being Sexually Assaulted

Fierce

NFL Lineman Justin Herron Saved A 71-Year-Old Woman Who Was Being Sexually Assaulted

Fans of the New England Patriots offensive lineman Justin Herron know by now that he’s got a thing for being in the right place at the right time. After all, his career relies on it.

Still, most likely didn’t know that the 25-year-old football player has a hero’s spirit as well.

This week, the lineman was honored by an Arizona police department for his role in saving a 71-year-old woman from being sexually assaulted.

On March 21 a 71-year-old woman was taking her daily stroll in Kiwanis Park in Tempe, Arizona when a 30-year-old man attacked her. The man, now identified as s Kevin Caballero, threw the woman to the ground in the park and attempted to remove her pants.

Herron and a Phoenix resident, identified as Murry Rogers, were present during the assault attempt and intervened.

“It was a crazy experience,” Herron stated during a news conference on Wednesday, according to NBC affiliate KPNX. “It was something that I never dreamed that I thought I would see. You see it in movies and TV all the time but you never think it’s gonna happen in real life until it does. In that moment, I was in shock. It was 11, it was in the middle of the day, not one cloud in the sky, and in a very open field, and the fact that it happened there at that time was very shocking.”

At the time of the incident, Herron was working out by the lake and Rogers was getting ready for a birthday party in the park for his 15-year-old daughter.

“I’m a football player, I’m kind of big,” Herron who is Herron, who is 6-foot-5 and 305 pounds, stated during the news conference. “I try not to be too aggressive with people knowing I could potentially hurt somebody. I do have a loud voice. I yelled, told him to get off of her, and then yanked him off and I told him to sit down and I told him to wait until the cops come.”

For their actions, Herron and Rogers were presented with Outstanding Service Awards by the Tempe Police Department.

“These two individuals stepped forward and really, truly saved her life,” Tempe police chief Jeff Glover stated during the ceremony.

According to the Today Show, “Herron has been in Arizona for offseason training ahead of his second season with the Patriots. The team’s sixth-round pick in the 2020 NFL Draft out of Wake Forest University said he was just reacting when he saw the woman being attacked.”

“And in the moment, I wish I could tell you what I was thinking, but I just knew that someone needed help,” Herron said. “… All I could do was just rush myself over there and make sure and help the victim, and make sure that I comfort her and be the best person I can be.”

Herron and Rogers were able to meet with the woman who has yet to be identified.

“Over the past several days, I have thought about her and pictured her face, so it was really nice moment, and I’m really glad I got to meet her,” Rogers said during the ceremony.

“My parents always talked to me about it, if there’s someone in need, make sure you can help them and be the best you can be,” Herron added. “I don’t want this to happen again, I don’t want to have to save someone else’s life again, but I’m glad I was able to save someone’s life on Saturday.”

Notice any needed corrections? Please email us at corrections@wearemitu.com

Demi Lovato Says She Was Raped At 15 During Disney Days And Violated Again While Overdosing

Fierce

Demi Lovato Says She Was Raped At 15 During Disney Days And Violated Again While Overdosing

Demi Lovato is putting it all out on the table.

During her latest documentary Demi Lovato: Dancing with the Devil which premiered this past Tuesday at the SXSW Film Festival, the singer and actress revealed that she is a survivor of rape. Not just once, but tragically, twice. One of which occurred on the night of her overdose.

In her docuseries, Lovato revealed that she was sexually assaulted the night of her overdose by her drug dealer.

“I didn’t just overdose. I was taken advantage of,” the 28-year-old singer revealed in the documentary where Lovato’s friend Sirah Mitchell shared that she had been given heroin “laced with fentanyl” on the night of her overdose.

“He also ended up getting her really high and leaving her for dead,” Mitchell explained of the dealer.

“When they found me, I was naked, blue. I was literally left for dead after he took advantage of me,” Lovato shared. “When I woke up in the hospital, they asked if we had had consensual sex. There was one flash that I had of him on top of me. I saw that flash and I said yes. It wasn’t until a month after the overdose that I realized, ‘You weren’t in any state of mind to make a consensual decision.'”

Lovato became emotional later when she revealed that the trauma of that night brought up the memory of a previous sexual assault.

Lovato explained that when she “was a teenager, I was in a very similar situation. I lost my virginity in a rape.”

“I was part of that Disney crowd that publicly said they were waiting until marriage. I didn’t have the romantic first time,” Lovato explained. “That was not it for me — that sucked. Then I had to see this person all the time so I stopped eating and coped in other ways.”

Lovato went onto share that her alleged attacker “never got in trouble” for raping her even though she opened up to adults about the incident.

“They never got taken out of the movie they were in. I always kept it quiet because I’ve always had something to say. I don’t know, I’m tired of opening my mouth. Here’s the tea,” she explained.

Lovato said that after her last assault she attempted to “take control” by getting in contact with her abusers.

“I called that person back a month later and tried to make it right by being in control. All it did was make me feel worse,” she explained about the person who assaulted her as a teen. “Both times were textbook trauma re-enactments, and I really beat myself up for years which is why I had a really hard time coming to terms with the fact it was a rape when it happened.”

Demi Lovato: Dancing with the Devil premieres on YouTube on March 23.

If you or someone you know has been a victim of sexual abuse, connect with a crisis counselor by texting “STRENGTH” to the Crisis Text Line at 741-741.

If you or someone you know is struggling with addiction, please contact the SAMHSA substance abuse helpline at 1-800-662-HELP.

Notice any needed corrections? Please email us at corrections@wearemitu.com