These Are Just A Few Of The Reasons We Are In Love With Xiomara Villanueva From ‘Jane The Virgin’
Xiomara Villanueva is our favorite mom on TV (or maybe she’s tied with her daughter Jane, who can say). Maybe it’s because she had Jane when she was only 16 years old, maybe it’s her singing career, or her lighter-on-the-rules approach to raising Jane. Either way, Xiomara Villanueva deserves 22 slides of her own.
Here are Xiomara’s best mom moments from the last four seasons of “Jane the Virgin.”
1. When virgin Jane found out she was pregnant and Xiomara started confessing all her sins to her…
This is the moment we fell in love with Xiomara “Xo” Villanueva. She thought her daughter was a “religious messiah” and we all were crying of laughter. Guess all that religious talk from her mother, Alba, actually got to her.
2. She’s spying on Jane, like, 34 percent of the time.
Cute boy at the door? All the women in the house know about it, no need to dish the details. Literally, Jane’s mom is there for it all.
3. When she tells Jane, “The best way to get over a man, is to get under a new man.”
Moms have the best advice, IMO. Those are words of wisdom I will surely pass on to the next generation. ?
4. “Only 5 more minutes of pain for a lifetime of happiness.”
When Xo flies from her Vegas show just in time to tell Jane exactly what Alba told her in her last few minutes of labor. Who was not weeping at this moment?
5. Xo really comes through with mom wisdom for Jane.
There’s no beating around the bush. Xo is looking out for her kid to make sure she’s taking care of herself, because that’s the only way to be a good mom! (her words, please don’t fight me fierce mamas).
6. We cannot forget the time Xo started singing Kelis’ “Milkshake” at Jane’s quinceñera.
Jane resented her for years for the embarrassment, but then later learned that Xo was just saving Jane the embarrassment of seeing her crush making out with another girl at her party. #MomOfTheYear
7. That time Xo called Jane “Old Lady Jane” at her bachelorette party.
THANK YOU, Xo! Help the girl get drunk on her last night of singledom! Though, in the interest of defending Jane, Xo messed up real good earlier in the day…
8. When she accidentally sent a Don Quixote stripper to Jane’s class.
Jane was teaching the class and the TA advisor needed to spend the day rethinking Jane’s employment. Yikes! So, Jane was waiting for the call that she can keep her job. Not such an old lady concern.
9. But then Xo accidentally left this voicemail for Jane’s advisor.
It’s a classic My-mom’s-drunk-and-technologically-challenged-please-don’t-fire-me line. JK, Jane had to bargain with her step sisters to steal his phone before he could ever listen to the voicemail. They were all drunk at this point.
10. To be fair, Xo has a history of sending strippers to Jane’s parties…
Like that time 21 yo Jane assumed the officer at her door for a noise complaint was the stripper her mom ordered and started dancing with him and… fired his gun into the roof? And then fell in love and married him? Strippers are a solid theme in the Villanueva family.
11. When Xo comforted Jane after she kissed her advisor’s sweater.
In all the ways Xo has screwed Jane’s relationships with faculty, she also has been there to comfort Jane after she misread her sexy advisor’s signals and went in to kiss him…just as he swerved in for a hug. Don’t look at me.
12. And teams up with Alba to teach Jane “tough love.”
This episode was set up like a sports game, and Jane kept failing to ignore Mateo while he cried through the night. Also, Xo, as exhausted as you seem, she wakes up like that?!
13. When the whole fam started crying when Jane’s milk came in!
Xo is probably even more thrilled than Jane (but not more thrilled than Alba, clearly), that Jane’s milk finally came in! #TeamJane
14. When Xo convinced Alba’s online and old-time fling to fly to the U.S. for a date.
The man is only 1 of 2 men Alba ever slept with and is allegedly cursed…and una pendeja it turns out. But hey, Xo is always going to support a sexy Alba!
15. Our hearts broke when Xo ended things with Rogelio…
After she learned that Rogelio still wanted children, and she knew she didn’t want anymore. That’s one strong woman.
16. But then, they got back together and Xo had a dreamy, fairytale wedding!
And not without having to fight some people who were agist af. Xiomara had the other Villanueva women to keep her on track with what she wants, not what anybody else thinks.
17. Oh, and Rogelio had a baby with another woman (long story).
And Xo caved into the hilarious photoshoots that Rogelio set up for his loved ones. The theme for these two were, “Unlikely Pairs”. Such a sport, Xo, lmao.
18. Baby “Mean Girl” Xiomara taught Jane a lesson or two in the ways of mean girls.
When Jane had to deal with her evil twin stepsisters, Xiomara tapped into her younger self to get in the minds of present day mean girls…and it totally worked! #TeamXo
19. Xo is always there with some amazing advice for the bedroom.
Who else wouldn’t love for their parents to be so sex positive. It would have saved a lot of awkward conversations.
20. When Xo wore her fashion sneakers for a Black Friday done right.
JTV knows how to do product placement, and honestly, show me a Latino family that doesn’t make Target the center of the world. Not mine.
21. Xiomara Villanueva is hands down the best granny to baby Mateo.
I mean, especially when it’s in comparison to a murder-y, ruthless, eye-patch and hook wearing step-grandma.
22. And the Villanueva family wouldn’t be the same without her.
If you’re not all caught up on JTV just yet, we won’t spoil anything for you (but I mean, come on, take a sick day already). Xiomara Villanueva is the rock of this family and leaves a huge impact on all four generations of Villanuevas. #VivaXiomara!
Notice any needed corrections? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org