We All Know These ’90s Baby Fashion Choices Our Mamis Made Before We Could Say No
With every decade comes different cool fashion trends, but for ’90s babies it wasn’t all that great. To our moms, we looked super cute and preciosas, but honestly… what were they thinking?!
Here’s what we had to put up with…
1. Earrings that were half our weight in gold.
Whether it was at the swap meet, Claire’s, or abuelita doing it at home with a needle and ice, piercing our ears was mom’s priority when we were babies.
2. Gold bracelets with your name engraved.
In case you separated from your parents?
3. Your jewelry set wasn’t complete until you added a religious gold necklace with a pendant.
You were basically all blinged out by the time of your bautizo. #2CHAINZ
4. But mom also did the most with our clothes, like these socks with decorative ruffles.
Your mom seriously refused to buy you regular socks. In her view, if they didn’t have the ruffles, they weren’t cute.
5. Dresses that were nearly impossible to waddle.
Because you needed something else to weigh down when you’re barely learning how to walk. They were basically training you for your quinceañera.
6. You also needed huge, puffy sleeves to balance out the rest of your dress.
No puff=no swag.
7. When mom wanted to dress us down, knitted everything was her go-to. From head to toe.
From socks to dresses, pants and hats, 90 percent of your baby outfits were hand-knitted.
8. She almost always capped off your look with huge hats.
Apparently the bigger the hat, the more chula you looked… Or maybe she was just trying to hide your pelos parados.
9. Or with laced headbands and huge flowers.
Accessories are always a cute addition, but these headbands were just extraaaa.
BONUS: And once mom dolled you up, she made sure you took a picture with a holy, religious backdrop.
Because you can’t let a good outfit go to waste.
To all the 90’s babies that dealt with these fashion trends, hit the share button below!
Notice any needed corrections? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org