11 Overly Dramatic Things Your Parents Said When They Found Out You Had A Tattoo
There’s nothing more terrifying than your mom or dad seeing your fresh ink. Whether it’s something “Star Wars” related or the initials of a
n ex loved one, parents will always react the same way: over the top. These are just a few of the things they say when they discover you either got your first tattoo – or added another to your masterpiece.
1. “Solo te estas metiendo en cosas de pandilleros!”
2. “Why did you do that?! That’s only for the depraved drug addicts.”
CREDIT: America’s Next Top Model / GIPHY
Doesn’t matter if you’re a teacher, nurse, or priest. For Latino parents, tattoos are the gateway to the devil.
3. *slap followed by silence for days*
CREDIT: The Late Late Show with James Corden / GIPHY
She might not talk to you for a few days… or weeks… but eventually, mom will come around. So enjoy the silence while you have it. ?
4. “You better find a way to cover that up para que no te vean ese rayadero.”
CREDIT: MADTv / FOX
Even if it is 90+ degrees, ponte un sueter.
5. “Pareces mapa.”
CREDIT: Empire FOX / GIPHY
Yeah, I look exactly like a map. Tell me which country looks like my lotus tattoo. TELL ME!
6. “Esas cosas son del Diablo.”
CREDIT: Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy / DreamWorks
What if it’s a Virgin Mary tattoo? Huh? How bout dat??
7. “You want to kill me, don’t you?”
CREDIT: CBC / GIPHY
I would never… But if I *DID*, I’m sure getting a tattoo wouldn’t be the most effective way to get the job done.
8. Latino parents legit think one tattoo will send you down a life of crime.
It’s. ?? Just. ?? A. ?? Tattoo. ??
9. “Pareces una vaca all branded and shit.”
CREDIT: Jane The Virgin / CW / janethevirgin-gifs / Tumblr
Funny, that’s not what you thought when you tatted your eyebrows, eyeliner AND lipliner.
10. “God’s not going to let you into heaven. He wants your clean body without changes. That is not Catholic.”
CREDIT: Kroll Show / Comedy Central / themessymindofemily / Tumblr
Something tells me that God is going to be pretty chill about this, unlike you, just saying.