Xiomara’s Best Moments from Jane The Virgin
Xiomara Villanueva, Jane’s mom from “Jane The Virgin” is the mother I never had: single, sings on key, and willing to talk with Jane about sex at any time. Whether she is offering Jane a condom or singing her face off to Paulina Rubio, Xiomara is a stand out. Here’s why:
1. When her mom walks in on her having sex…as an adult
Is. There. Anything. More. Embarrassing? Yes. But this one is up there.
2. When Xo sneaks Rogelio out of the house post coitus
Before Xiomara was able to reveal to Jane that Rogelio was her father, Rogelio and Xiomara reconnected and did the very thing that made Jane come into existence: K-I-S-S-I-N-G. And other stuff. Naturally this “adult sleepover” left Xo in quite the pickle and she had Alba distract Jane while sneaking Ro out of the house the next morning like a teenager would. Maybe it was a good thing Alba walked in on them!
3. Singing Paulina Rubio’s “Me Gustas Tanto”
Anytime Xo performs its always a good time.
4. When she spits toothpaste into Jane’s hair
We’ve all been there. Especially if you had to share a bathroom with your entire house…
5. When Xo pledges a vow of celibacy
Xo pledges to God that if she/he/it brings her mom out of a coma and makes her better, that she won’t let a man between her legs again until she gets married…which for Xo is a BFD!
6. Struggling to keep that vow of celibacy
I really felt Xo’s pain here when she had to say no to her loins and yes to her promise to God.
7. When she gets Jane a Stripper For Her 21st Birthday
Okay, she didn’t do that. But she’s the kind of mom who would! And Xo hosted a bombastic, shots filled dance party for her daughters 21st birthday party which is why Jane thought Xo went the extra cray mile and got her a stripper. Meanwhile, my parents sent me a pamphlet on why “drinking is not your friend” for my 21st birthday. Which I did use…to wipe the puke off my face from a night out partying.
8. When she grabbed the mic to sing Kelis’s “Milkshake” at Jane’s quinceañera
Xiomara grabs the mic and starts performing all wild just in the nick of time so that Jane gets distracted and doesn’t see that her date is kissing another girl! Xo would rather have her daughter annoyed at her for grabbing the limelight in a somewhat embarrassing way than have Jane’s heart broken.
9. Teaching Jane how to deal with mean girls
Not one to be pushed around, Xo helps Jane learn how to stick up for herself and plots out how Jane can get back at Jane’s evil step-sisters, getting the better of them. My mom would have told me to turn the other cheek, which for the record, has never worked on mean girls.
10. When she went against her own mothers wishes of getting an abortion and kept her baby when she got pregnant at 16.
Thank goodness Xo did, otherwise we wouldn’t have Jane! It’s also revealed that Xo never told Jane that her Alba wanted her to have an abortion until abuela confesses this to Jane, showing once again Xo taking the high road for the sake of Jane.
11. Reminding Jane that her goals should not get pushed to the side.
XO reminds Jane that part of being a mother is not betraying your goals and dreams. She encourages Jane to keep writing and sticking to her career path and to not forsake that for motherhood.
12. Celebrating when Jane’s milk comes in!
XO is just as thrilled if not more when Janey is able to breast feed. #teamJane
13. Dancing and singing to Paulina Rubio
14. When she tells Jane, “The best way to get over a new man, is to get under a new man.”
This is the kind of sage wisdom I have been needing for years. Jane’s mom treats Jane like the adult you wanna hang out with.
15. Comforting Jane post sweater kiss incident.
#SweaterKiss #awkward #weveallbeenthere #Nowehavent.
Jane’s post sweater kiss awkwardness was made better by some comforting words from XO.
16. Holding Mateo
XO lets Jane raise Mateo how she wants even though its hard for her
17. Confessing her sins to Jane
Believing Jane to be the Imaculata, XO starts confessing her sins to Jane…and it is juicy!
18. Telling Rogelio, Jane’s m.i.a. father, the truth about Jane…
…and Jane’s on the way baby.
19. Babysitting Mateo
20. Reconciling with Jane after she had withheld the truth about Jane’s father all her life.
I needed a box of tissues for this one.
21. When she tells Rogelio she’s keeping her last name
YAS QUEEN, YAS!
22. This one liner moment
Whether it’s offering Jane a condom or telling her to go out and meet some guys, Jane’s mom is there as the supportive, sex-pert mother. I need XO in my life.
23. And then this one liner
Does anyone know where I can pick up this lipstick shade?
24. When she breaks up with Rogelio after realizing he still wants children
XO knows she doesn’t want kids and that Rogelio does. So she walks away from the engagement proving she is one classy, loving, and selfless lady.
Do you love you some Xiomara and Jane The Virgin! Let your friends know by clicking the share button below!
Notice any needed corrections? Please email us at email@example.com