Things That Matter

Trump Surrogate Salty AF Over Browning Of America

On Saturday, the Trump camp continued its streak of saying thinly-veiled racist things.

Credit: Sarah Burris/YouTube

This time around, it was CNN talking head Scottie Nell Hughes, who told Wolf Blitzer that she didn’t like the fact that Tim Kaine, Hillary Clinton’s VP pick, spoke in Spanish at a rally in Miami.

“I didn’t have to get a translator for anything that was going on at the [Republican National Convention] this week,” she told Wolf Blitzer.

giphy (1)

Credit: ReactionGIFS/Giphy

O RLY?!? Then what language is Republican senator Ralph Alvarado speaking?

Credit: News/YouTube

“I’m hoping I’m not going to have to start brushing up on my ‘Dora the Explorer’ to understand some of the speeches given this week,” she added, as if her initial blatant lie of a statement wasn’t racist enough.

Screen Shot 2016-07-25 at 12.11.26 PM
Credit: Dora the Explorer/Nickelodeon/Omar Villegas/we are mitu

Damn, what did Dora la Exploradora ever to do you?

Joke is on the haters, though. Here’s a truth bomb: The U.S. is becoming increasingly Latino, which means Spanish isn’t going anywhere.

35b5dbd57aa9005cd169c1d85ca7b5d4
Credit: Check It Out! With Steve Brule/ Abso Lutely Productions/Pinterest

Trump or any of his surrogates can’t change the fact that the Latino population is growing, and it’s not just in Texas or California. There are now more Latinos in places like Atlanta, Wisconsin and North Carolina than ever before. And guess what? The United States now has more Spanish speakers than Spain itself.  You can’t stop us, fam, so you best get used to it.


READ: This White Supremacist Was Inspired By Donald Trump To Run For National Office

Register to vote today by downloading the Latinos Vote app for iOS and Android. Our voice matters. #WeAreAmerica

Prince Harry And Meghan Officially Say Goodbye To Royal Life And Clapback at Donald Trump’s Attacks

Entertainment

Prince Harry And Meghan Officially Say Goodbye To Royal Life And Clapback at Donald Trump’s Attacks

meghan.harryfan / Instagram

Come and gone so soon.

When Meghan Markle became part of the British Royal family in 2018, we good apples were excited to see how the former “Suits” actress would shake-up the stuffy monarchy. Sadly, after an onslaught of racial and other colorless attacks on Markle, the family made the decision to take a step back from the limelight announcing that they would become “financially independent” in early 2020.

Today marks the first day of Prince Harry as one of us normals and the return of Meghan Markle.

Earlier this year in January, Harry and Meghan announced that they would be taking a step back from royal life and become “financially independent,” sharing their desire to “carve out a progressive new role within this institution” in an Instagram post.

In response to rumors that Meghan and Harry might be moving to the states, Donald Trump took the time to peek up from the coronavirus pandemic to comment.

“I am a great friend and admirer of the Queen & the United Kingdom. It was reported that Harry and Meghan, who left the Kingdom, would reside permanently in Canada. Now they have left Canada for the U.S. however, the U.S. will not pay for their security protection. They must pay!” Trump tweeted.

Ahead of their official ‘goodbye’, the two released a statement made on Monday seemingly in response to this statement.

“The Duke and Duchess of Sussex would prefer that in the immediate weeks and months, the focus remains on the global response to Covid-19,” a Sussex spokesperson said according to CNN. “However, we recognize there are outstanding questions relating to their future beyond their Household transition deadline.”


The statement came just days after United States president, Donald Trump tweeted that the United States would not pay to protect Prince Harry and his wife Meghan when they move to the states. So that’s that.

Olive Garden Manager Fired After Complying With Customer’s Racist Request

Things That Matter

Olive Garden Manager Fired After Complying With Customer’s Racist Request

@nypost / Twitter

Good o’l reliable Olive Garden, your favorite first date option as a broke highschooler, is getting the heat this week. After news broke that an occurrence of racism occurred at one of its Indiana establishments, patrons of the Italian-inspired franchise have tons of questions.

A manager at an Olive Garden in Evansville, Indiana complied to a racist request by a couple over the weekend, leaving a Black waitress in shock.

When a white couple chose to dine at the Olive Garden in Evansville, Indiana over the weekend, they requested they be served by a white person only. Instead of standing up for his employees and asking for the pair to leave, the manager complied with the request leaving a hostess and another customer to complain on Instagram.

Now the manager is out of a job.

The incident went viral after being shared by customer Maxwell Robbins  on Facebook.

I’m never going back to the Olive Garden in Evansville. A few white people come in a says that they refuse service from…

Posted by Maxwell Robbins on Sunday, March 1, 2020

According to Robbins the white guests refused service from a “colored” server and asked to speak to a manager.

“The manager without hesitation ensures that they will not receive service from a person of color. That couple should’ve been refused service for even asking something like that,” Robbins complained.

Soon after sharing his post, 16-year-old Amira Donahue, a black hostess who had been berated by the white couple also posted a complaint.

Racism is still prevalent in 2020! After years of experiencing micro aggressions and attitudes simply because of my…

Posted by Amira Donahue on Sunday, March 1, 2020

According to Newsweek, when one of the white customers asked for hot water and Amira brought it to the table, the customer requested “a server who wasn’t black. The couple then proceeded to talk about her to co-workers and claimed that she was not “family-friendly.” Amira went onto express her disappointment and hurt of not being backed by the restaurants management staff.

In response to the incident, Olive Garden conducted an investigation and issues a statement.

“We have zero tolerance for discrimination of any kind, and the manager involved no longer works for our company,” an Olive Garden spokesperson told TODAY in a statement.