#mitúworld

President Trump Signs Executive Orders For Mexico Border Wall And Defunding Sanctuary Cities

LaSantaCecilaVEVO / YouTube / GAVILARCO / INSTAGRAM / Gage Skidmore / Flickr

President Trump has made his hard-line stance on immigration official with the flick of a pen; today, Trump signed two executive orders that will have direct impact on immigration in the U.S. by directing American taxpayer dollars to building the border wall separating the U.S. and Mexico. Trump has also taken steps to attack sanctuary cities who shield undocumented immigrants from deportation. Here’s what we know so far.

Americans are going to be footing the bill for the contentious border wall.

President Trump: Construction of Border Wall Will Begin in ‘Mo…Pres. Donald J. Trump says construction of border wall to begin “in months” and Mexico will “absolutely” reimburse the U.S. for the cost of the wall. abcn.ws/2jxzXP9

Posted by ABC News on Wednesday, January 25, 2017

In a recent interview, ABC anchor David Muir asked President Trump, “Are you going to direct U.S. funds to pay for this wall? Will American taxpayers pay for the wall?”

Trump responded: “Ultimately it will come out of what’s happening with Mexico. We’re going to be starting those negotiations relatively soon and we will be in a form reimbursed by Mexico, which I’ve always said.”

Trump’s new direction — Americans taxes pay for the wall, Mexico “reimburses” the U.S. later — goes against his long-held campaign promise that Mexico will pay for the wall upfront.


Press Secretary Sean Spicer told the press today that “one way or another, as the president has said before, Mexico will pay for it.” But exactly how the administration plans to make that happen is still a mystery, especially since Mexican politicians have denied that Mexico will pay for the wall several times.

Mexican president Enrique Peña Nieto has said repeatedly that Mexico is not paying for the border wall. Former President Vicente Fox has also stated Mexico will not pay.

Fusion / GIPHY / Mic.
CREDIT: Fusion / GIPHY / Mic.

“It is evident that we have differences with the new United States government on some issues, such as a wall that Mexico absolutely will not pay for,” President Peña Nieto said, according to The Guardian. “At no time will we accept anything that goes against our dignity as a country and our dignity as Mexicans. Basic principles such as sovereignty, the national interest and the protection of our citizens are non-negotiable.”

In response to Trump’s executive orders, Fox tweeted, “Sean Spicer, I’ve said this to @realDonaldTrump and now I’ll tell you: Mexico is not going to pay for that fucking wall. #FuckingWall.”

According to Business Insider, experts have estimated that the wall would cost anywhere between $15 billion to $25 billion.


A Quinnipiac poll from Nov. 23 showed that 55 percent of Americans opposed the border wall.

Sanctuary cities across the nation have been warned to start complying with deportation forces or they will lose federal funding.

Kent Kanouse / Flickr
CREDIT: Kent Kanouse / Flickr

“We’re going to strip federal grant money from sanctuary states and cities that harbor illegal immigrants,” Press Secretary Sean Spicer told the press during a briefing Wednesday morning. “The American people are no longer going to have to be forced to subsidize this disregard of our laws.”

Sanctuary cities are cities that have procedures to limit local law enforcement and government officials from aiding Immigration and Customs Enforcement (I.C.E.) from detaining and deporting undocumented immigrants.

Sanctuary cities have already announced they will fight back and protect their immigrant communities and they have doubled down after his press conference Jan. 25.


This includes cities like Los Angeles, New York City, Portland, Seattle, Baltimore and many more. Some don’t use the term “sanctuary city” but do uphold the values of protecting their undocumented populations.

Trump’s administration has claimed that Deferred Action For Childhood Arrivals (DACA) is not a priority at the moment.


In two press briefings, Trump press secretary Sean Spicer has said that the Trump administration is currently focused on removing immigrants with criminal records. He has not specified when the Trump administration will address DACA.

DACA was first implemented in 2012 and gave millions of people relief from deportation if they arrived in the U.S. as children through no fault of their own. To receive DACA, you have to fall into some pretty strict guidelines:

“Were under 31 as of June 15, 2012 (when DACA was created); entered the U.S. before turning 16; have continuous residence since June 15, 2007; were physically present in the U.S. on the date DACA was created and the date of your DACA request; entered without inspection or your visa expired before June 15, 2012; are currently in school, have graduated with a high school diploma or have a GED certificate, or were honorably discharged from the military; and have no felony convictions, a significant misdemeanor, or three other misdemeanors on your record, and do not pose a threat to national security or public safety.”

According to a study by the Center for American Progress, removing the DACA workforce from the U.S. economy could result in losses of billions of dollars.


READ: Donald Trump Has Signed An Executive Action To Shorten The Environmental Review Process

Share this story with all of your friends by tapping that little share button below!

After Years Of Battling Substance Abuse, Oscar De La Hoya Finds Himself In Trouble Again

#mitúWORLD

After Years Of Battling Substance Abuse, Oscar De La Hoya Finds Himself In Trouble Again

Credit: TheDailySportsHerald/Flickr

Oscar De La Hoya is no stranger to fighting, but his battles with alcohol have proven to be the biggest challenge of his life. De La Hoya was pulled over by police in Pasadena, Calif. after they noticed him speeding in the early hours of Wednesday morning. Noticing the smell of alcohol on the retired 43-year-old boxer, the officer, according to USA Today, administered “several field sobriety tests,” which De La Hoya failed.

Oscar De La Hoya’s history with substance abuse is well documented.

CREDIT: TMZ SPORTS / YOUTUBE

As Yahoo! Sports points out, the onetime former four-division champion checked himself into rehab in 2011 for problems with cocaine abuse and suicidal thoughts. He again checked himself into rehab in 2013 for problems relating to substance abuse. After Wednesday’s arrest, De La Hoya was released to a spokesperson, Stefan Friedman, who, according to Yahoo! Sports, only had this to say: “We’re not going to have any comment. Thank you.” Since being released, De La Hoya has not released a statement, and his Twitter feed has been silent.

ESPN reporter Bernardo Osuna relayed a message from Julio Cesar Chavez to De La Hoya via Twitter:


“@OscarDeLaHoya it’s time to make a determinant decision in your life. @Jcchavez115 told me that his clinic is available to you, right now!”

In 2013, Chavez, who had his own struggles with substance abuse, opened a rehabilitation clinic, “Baja del Sol,” in Tijuana, Mexico.


[VIA] Report: Oscar De La Hoya arrested after failing field sobriety test

Recommend this story to a friend by clicking on the share button below.

Paid Promoted Stories