9 Reasons Why Lin-Manuel Miranda Is The Perfect Choice To Host SNL
Get those DVRs ready, kids. Lin-Manuel Miranda will be hosting the second episode of this season’s “Saturday Night Live.” There are so many reasons why the genius behind “Hamilton” deserves this spotlight, and it isn’t just because “SNL” has a notorious record of ignoring Latino talent. Here are nine reasons why Lin-Manuel Miranda is going to totally slay the SNL stage.
1. He is super inspirational.
*Gets in time machine, grabs 12 year old me by the face*
IT GETS SO GOOD KID, JUST HANG IN THERE https://t.co/PhTYBC6aV8
— Lin-Manuel Miranda (@Lin_Manuel) April 18, 2016
That is definitely something we would all love to do.
2. Since Lin-Manuel Miranda was just a little kid, he showed a knack for performing.usnavi / YouTube
Clearly, this man should have hosted the show a looong time ago.
3. The people clearly recognize him and his incredible work.
*Lady rolls down her car window at 181st street*
"congrats on HAMLET!"
Me: "I WISH I wrote Hamlet!"
Lady: "Yay HAMLET!"
— Lin-Manuel Miranda (@Lin_Manuel) February 19, 2015
*purchases Hamlet tickets*
4. He is very dedicated to his fans and craft.
Dear internet, I passed your birthday wishes on to Groffsauce. Happy belated birthday! https://t.co/rs68QnIgRx
— Lin-Manuel Miranda (@Lin_Manuel) March 27, 2015
It helps that he is very comfortable with himself to really go for those out-there roles. #ShipGoals
5. Dude did a rap on International Women’s Day calling for equal pay.Mic / GIPHY
“SNL” could use some more woke af people, imho.
6. He’s connected to the president so, duh.whitehouse / Tumblr
One just can’t say no to the friends of the prez, OK?
7. He has increasingly become one of the most influential voices in America.
This morning I got my son to eat a whole egg, so I am feeling very influential indeed.
— Lin-Manuel Miranda (@Lin_Manuel) April 21, 2016
Have YOU ever tried to get a kid to eat a whole egg? #NotThatEasy
8. He is using his fame to get young people politically active, which is crucial this year.
— RiseUp AS ONE (@riseupasone) September 29, 2016
You know, if SNL ever wanted some substantial content laced in with kick-ass comedy. #Ham4Vote
9. But, mainly, because he is Lin-Manuel Miranda!let-ig-g / Tumblr
My heart, try to be still. ?
Share this story with all of your friends by tapping that little share button below!
Notice any needed corrections? Please email us at email@example.com