The 90s gave us so much – the Spice Girls, “In Living Color,” Nirvana, backwards jeans, no Facebook updates from embarrassing relatives – but it also came with frustrations and struggles that most kids today just wouldn’t understand. Let’s jump in:
1. Having to memorize beeper codes.
A photo posted by Craft Social Club (@craftsocialclub) on
Not only that, but having to lie to your parents when she asked what “69” meant.
2. …And then having to find a pay phone to call back.
Credit: AFV Kids, via BuzzFeed
And when Mami beeped you, you damn well had better called back within three minutes. Or else.
3. Accidentally connecting to the internet on your phone.
You really deserve more credit for having been such a great, thoughtful kid to your parents. Qué no?
4. Wanting to connect to the internet and having to wait. And wait.
…And you probably had a super embarrassing screen name like QBanMami305.
5. Losing your floppy disc.
Credit: United Artists
Great, there goes my New Kids On The Block fanfic.
6. Disappointing la reina, Mavis Beacon.
Credit: The Software Toolworks
She was the real MVP.
7. Ruining a cassette.
UGH THAT WAS MY FAVORITE MIXTAPE.
8. …Or ruining your VHS tape.
9. Paying more because you forgot to rewind your Blockbuster rental.
Credit: Reflection and Choice
“Be Kind, Rewind”
And, worst of all…
10. Being constantly reminded of your mortality
Nothing makes you feel like you've one foot in the grave & the tiptoe of the other like your childhood in a museum. pic.twitter.com/umsIGA8ZZ7
— Hend Amry (@LibyaLiberty) September 9, 2016
What else do you remember (and maybe even regret) from the ’90s?