Every quince is as unique as the quinceañera being celebrated, but let’s not pretend there aren’t a few similarities you find at every quince like…
1. A dress that looks like it ate every other dress for breakfast.
Sometimes the dress is so big you can barely see the quinceañera inside.
2. A LARGE limo that’s anything but demure.
…that is always late!
3. Bottles of magic hairspray.
Because you have to make sure every pelito is as stiff as a board.
4. Centerpieces that make you go DAYUM!
They’re not real centros de mesa if your tías aren’t fighting over them.
5. A few rateros.
Can you blame people for stealing the centerpieces? Nope, you can’t. It’s like a battle of master thieves to see who gets to take the arreglos home with them.
6. A recuerdo that’s unforgettable.
Yet so many people forget to take them home.
7. A cake big enough to feed an entire pueblo.
I mean you can’t have a big dress, a big limo and not have BIG cake.
8. Color coordinated linens.
If it doesn’t match the dress, it’s not happening.
9. A photographer who does the impossible to get the perfect shot.
On Wednesdays We Wear Pink ? Pink just happens to be my favorite color! Seriously, there's something about it that just makes me sparkle inside! Especially when I get to see BEAUTIFUL quinceanera girls in their pink dresses! These are moments that last forever! I urge you to exist in photos! It's one of the most important things in life ?
He’ll climb on top of a tree if he has to.
10. A squad that has to werk.
They weren’t invited just to look pretty.
11. A quinceañera who has to fake it.
Because who knows, that person might be her fourth cousin.
12. That kid who just can’t hang.
There’s always that one kid who gets caught snoozing under the table or on a bed made of chairs.
13. Las criticonas.
You know the ones, they’re usually the tías sitting together surveying the scene and telling each other how they would’ve done it better.
14. At least one non-Latino guest who’s having a blast being around so much fabulousness.
Gotta love diversity.
15. A man who starts off as a catrín…and ends up as a sloppy borracho.
And creates a ton of drama. It’s open bar after all.
READ: 7 Quinceañeras Who Didn’t Settle For Basic Themes