Even though I had two younger sisters growing up, I hung out with my cousins all the time as well, and we were all just as close.
Here are 10 reasons why Latino cousins are awesome AF:
1. They’ll make ridiculous music videos with you.
Credit: Beyonce VEVO
One huge perk to growing up with a ton of Latino cousins is making ridiculous music videos with them. You know what it’s like: Dancing to Madonna or Selena (the little cousins had to be back-up dancers) and trying out “cool” editing tricks that never, ever worked.
2. You always have someone to share the latest and greatest family chisme with.
“Tía Tati did WHAT with WHOM?????”
3. When your actual siblings are annoying you, your cousins are there to hear you vent.
Credit: Universal Pictures
Ahhh yes, the best thing about cousins. When your little sister is annoying the hell out of you, you can run to your older cousin and vent for hours. They are always the best ones to hang with when you are totally over your actual siblings.
4. You can get away with basically anything together. (Mwahaha!)
Your parents can never yell at your cousins as much as they may have wanted to, so you can totally get away with stuff you normally wouldn’t be able to. Like staying out way later than your curfew, which when you were young, felt like the most badass thing ever.
5. You always roll squad deep at all times.
Credit: United Artists
Whether it’s a quick trip to Target or a night at the club, you and your cousins go everywhere together. Move over Taylor Swift’s “squad” – they are no match for you and your familia.
6. You had zillions of sleepovers growing up.
Even if your parents were strict about never letting you stay at friends’ houses, you were still totally a pro at having the perfect sleepover, because every weekend (and even some weeknights), you’d have sleepovers with your cousins. It always felt like a party, which is probably why it annoyed your parents so much.
7. Their opinions are always the most important to you.
You still care the most about the opinions of your cousins. These people are your tribe! And when it comes down to it, what they think matters the most.
8. You don’t have to stress about who will be in your wedding party.
Credit: Universal Pictures
While your friends have so much drama in their lives over who’ll be their bridesmaids or groomsmen, you can just sit back, have a beer, and relax. You’ve known who would be in your wedding party since you were 10. Ain’t no thang.
9. …Not to mention your quinceañera court!
Credit: Disney Channel
The 1,001 choreography practices just equal more time to hang out.
10. Growing up, you had partners in crime to help you get through life’s awkward or boring moments.
Like church services that were so long and so exhausting or parties that lasted until 2 a.m., long after all the kids had nodded off on abuela’s couch. It’s always good to have someone to rest your head on and make it through.
11. You’ll weather all kinds of storms together.
No matter what, you and your cousins have each other’s back. Always. (Because if not, you’ll never stop hearing about it from the rest of your family.)
12. Cousins are for LIFE. (Like, literally. Being family and all.)
Latina cousins are the best and anyone tells you that they aren’t can GTFO.
What’s your favorite part about having cousins? Let us know in the comments below!