Emilio and Gloria Estefan have joined the #Hispandering bandwagon by producing the song “We’re All Mexican” as a response to Donald Trump “anti-Mexican” rants. Good idea, right? Maybe they had the best intentions and maybe the missed the boat because they’re Cuban, but the video is full of stereotypes and things that just don’t make sense. Here’s a countdown of the 11 most offensive images in the video…
11. Apparently all Latinos live in California, Texas, and Florida.
Wrong. What about the large groups of Latinos living in New Orleans, New York, and Chicago? And what the hell happened to New Mexico?
10. It’s 2015, Mexican women don’t walk around wearing vestidos de adelita.
We wear regular clothes just like everyone else. Jeans, shorts and dresses that don’t have ribbon on them.
9. Did mariachi become outfits everyday wear?
Credit: kirk82 / Reddit
Listen to J.Law. Even she knows what’s up.
8. What is even going on here?
You do know that not every Mexican party is filled with waving ponchos and Aztec men running around with knives, right?
7. FYI, there’s more to Mexican legacy than guacamole.
Like color TV invented by Guillermo Gonzalez Camarena when he was 23. As well as Instabook used to print books faster and for a fraction of the cost. Are you taking notes, Emilio?
6. Can we talk about their flawed background checks?
It’s probably best not to include someone who was accused of sexual, physical, and emotional harassment in a music video about uniting all Latinos. Let’s not give Trump anymore material.
5. We’re up to here with the Mexican jumping bean references.
?”Sit back and have some beans / Amigo don’t kill the American Dream.”?
Even the lyrics are ridiculous!
4. And we’re fed up with the sombreros. Make it stop.
C’mon, Thalia. We expected more from you.
3. And here’s Whoopi Goldberg…for no reason at all.
If you needed to add someone from The View, why not Rosie Perez? It would at least connect the dots.
2. WTF is Kathy Griffin even doing here?
Did she get lost or something? Wait. It’s because of the hat.
1. Just because you’re Cuban Emilio and Gloria, it doesn’t mean this is OK.
Despite popular belief, Chihuahuas are not the official animal of Mexico. It’s actually the Golden Eagle, which you can see displayed right smack in the center of the flag.