If You Were Born Between 1985 And 1995 This Group Was Probably Your First Crush
Stop what you’re doing! It’s time we talk about Garibaldi, why we love them, why we miss them, and why they need to make a comeback already!
Rumor has it that the late ’80s/early ’90s Mexican group is planning a reunion. In fact, Sergio Mayer, an original member of Garibaldi, is in talks with his colleagues – Patricia Manterola, Charly Lopez, Pilar Montenegro, Xavier Ortiz, Luisa Fernanda Lozano, Victor Noriega and Katia Llanos – for a potential reunion tour, according to TVyNovelas.
Here are all the reasons we need the Garibaldi reunion to happen ASAP.
credit: VH1 Live / Giphy
1. Oily chests. Yes, we said it.
Sergio, Charly, Xavier and Victor were our first real man crushes.
2. These moves:
“Everybody loves banana!”
3. These women were “it girls” before “it girls” were even a thing.
These outfits! And you know that you would low-key imitate them with your primas.
4. Two Words: Pilar Montenegro
Can I please have this outfit, too?
5. They were the only reason you watched “Siempre en Domingo.”
And you’d watch all three hours of the show with abuelita just to catch them on TV.
6. This song was always in your head.
“Tengo el alma en pedazos, ya no aguanto esta pena. Tanto tiempo sin verte, es como una condena!”
7. They got the crowd HYPED.
…every damn time!
8. They seriously need to come back because we miss the glittery outfits.
***shimmy, shimmy, shimmy***
9. And these next-level ruffles!
Please, come back already! Se lo suplico!
10. Because our Christmas hasn’t been the same since their “Popurri Navideño.”
This was on repeat all season long! Just kidding, it was on repeat all year long!!!
11. And because we’re not the only ones feeling this way!
A México le falta un nuevo grupo como Garibaldi.
— wolfie (@Tripolarr) August 1, 2016
Are you also yearning a Garibaldi comeback? If so, share this post with your friends!