If you have a sister, you know it can be the absolute best thing in the world (and maybe the most frustrating). And let’s be honest: While sisters in general are amazing, Latina sisters are on a whole other level.
Here are 10 things Latina sisters will understand:
1. You’re called “linda” by abuelo and abuela no matter what.
Credit: Disney Channel
While it may seem like a compliment, since we know you’re definitely beautiful (duh), let’s call this exactly what it is: Your grandparents have too many nietas to bother remembering you and your sister’s names at all times.
2. Sharing clothes is a necessity.
You can all put aside your annoyances with one another when it comes to fashion. (Even if you kinda know you’ll never see your favorite belt again after your younger sister borrows it.)
3. You can slip into Spanish when your friends are annoying the hell out of you.
This is maybe the best part about being Latina sisters. When all your basic friends are turning you into the eye-roll emoji, you can just slip into Spanish and vent without them knowing. Basically, it’s a genius plan and you’re welcome. (Works well with strangers, too!)
4. You can make fun of your mom for getting too invested in her telenovela.
And then when mom goes to bed, you can cry in each other’s arms while watching that same telenovela because OH MY GOD, IT’S SO GOOD.
5. Everything always ends in yelling (even if you aren’t fighting).
Not trying to play into the angry Latina stereotypes here because UGH, but you and your sister can’t help but raise your voices at one another. It’s your love language so everyone needs to DEAL WITH IT.
6. It’s absolutely impossible to keep secrets from one another.
It’s the curse of having a Latina sister. Forget trying to keep a secret from each other, you’re terrible at it! The more you try to hide something, the harder it gets. You’ve learned that no matter what, you’re sister is going to know what’s up and you just need to embrace it.
7. You have someone to back you up when your mom grills you about your significant other.
Thank god you have someone to vouch for you… even if your sister was the one who told your mom you were dating someone in the first place.
8. You have someone to binge watch Jane The Virgin with.
You constantly bond over how it’s a show that gets Latino culture right, and your white friends just don’t understand why you’re so incredibly obsessed with it. You and your sister are TV bingers for life.
9. You always have a dance partner.
Credit: TUMBLR / LINK
No one gets down like Latinos! And with your sister, you’re ready to bust a move whenever your favorite jam comes on. Haters can move to the side.*
*This is especially vital when your mom makes you and your sister(s) clean the house early Sunday morning. To bomb-ass music, naturally.
10. You have a best friend for life.
You’re BFFs for life. What more could you ever want?
What is your favorite part about having a sister? Let us know in the comments below!