10 Things Every Person Dating A Puerto Rican Should Know
Maybe I’m biased because I’m Puerto Rican myself, but Boricuas simply do it better. And by “it,” I mean “everything.”
Whether you’re dating a Puerto Rican (Congratulations!) or happen to be Puerto Rican yourself (again, congratulations!), you can sit back, relax and enjoy this list:
1. Their tías will grill you 24/7.
Credit: Comedy Central
This will be fun for no one. In fact, it will be awful. But you have to remain strong for your bae, and then pray to the Holy Lord above that all these tías chill out.
2. You will play dominoes with Abuelo at some point.
Here’s the thing: it’s actually really fun. And who knew a bunch of old Puerto Rican men knew how to throw such made shade during a game?!
3. Plátanos will become your new favorite dish.
Ugh, I’m drooling just typing this. Plátanos are delicious and when fried…oh baby, you better get ready to be obsessed.
4. You will end up owning a piece of clothing with the Puerto Rican flag on it.
Better to just grin and bear it. Also, let’s be honest, that is an awesome flag!
5. One day you’ll see that your couch has been completely covered in plastic.
When you confront bae about it, they won’t even realize they did it. It’s just been ingrained inside of their brain for so long that they did it without even thinking.
6. You will meet a ton of cousins. No really, a ton.
Credit: American Idol / Fox
I know, it doesn’t seem possible for a person to have this many primos, but it’s true.
7. You will eat more food than you ever thought possible.
Okay, if there’s anything to know about dating a Puerto Rican, it’s that you will be well fed, especially when it comes to arroz y gandules.
8. You will fall in love with adobo and sazón.
So good you’ll even want to wear it.
9. “Wepa!” will be your new favorite word to yell in celebration. (Right after “MOFONGO!”)
They’re just really fun words, is all.
10. You’ll know for certain that dating a Puerto Rican is the best thing that could ever happen to you. Really!
Credit: 20th Century Fox
Ain’t bragging if it’s true.
Know anyone lucky enough to be dating a Puerto Rican? Send this post their way!