This Cholo Goth Video Is So Gothtastic It Listens To The Cure In The Rain
Your cholo goth faves, Prayers, released the video for their latest single, “Black Leather,” through Pitchfork on Friday and IT IS GLORIOUSLY GOTH. It even features Kat Von D! It’s more goth than a raven sitting on a skull reading Bolaño in the rain. It’s more goth than Siouxsie Sioux contemplating La Santa Muerte while listening to The Cure in a cemetery. It’s more goth than opening a mazapan and having it break in your hand while Morrissey plays on a loop through your brain.
Let’s zoom in for a closer look at the video’s gothiest moments:
1. Kat Von D Lookin’ Somber AF On A Balcony
Woemeo and Booliet. ?
2. Rafael Walking Through A Graveyard As Someone Roasts Chiles Nearby
That’s going to ~linger.~
3. These Abuelitas, Who Probably Know Something We Don’t
Those mantillas are hiding something far more sinister than just the fact that the cookie tin is full of sewing supplies.
4. This Man And His Snake
5. (Which Was Not A Euphemism)
6. Lighting A Cigarette With A Velita
Dude’s pretty goddamn audacious, I’ll tell you what.
7. These Spooky Cholos
I like them. I would give any of them my last clove cigarette.
8. This Man’s Migraine
Nothing makes you want to chill in a catacomb like a migraine. Ergo, migraines are goth.
9. Her Bangs
Also, her forearm skirts.
10. This Girl And Her Necklace
11. And This Dude Making Eye Contact With The Camera
The other guys are goth, but he’s the most goth.
12. This Lewk
This man is iconic, and I want to read Poe to him.
13. And Leaving The Club Early Because You’re Over It
An extremely goth move.
You can, and should, watch the full video right here:
Is this your favorite music video ever? It’d better be. Just kidding. Or not. Like us on Facebook. Or don’t. (Do it.) (It’s goth.)