These Latino Authors will Get You through a Breakup
Ay amorcito corazón, I wish I could tell you there is a shortcut to healing a broken heart, but then I would be a big fat mentirosa. It’s gonna take time. Until then, grab a box of tissues, curl up in bed with these books and heal baby, heal.
1. Love Trips: A Collection of Relationship Stumbles – Sujeiry Gonzalez
They say misery loves company.This book will make you laugh and realize you are not alone.
2. True Love – Jennifer Lopez
Even someone as successful as J.Lo can fail at love again and again, but still find the strength to keep on going.
3. This is How You Lose Her – Junot Diaz
A collection of short stories that proves even los más machos aren’t spared love’s heartbreak.
4. Tear this Heart Out – Ángeles Mastretta
You’ll get so pulled into this love story and forget about the love you are grieving.
5. Paula – Isabel Allende
This memoir will break your heart in a whole different way and then piece it back together again.
6. The Alchemist – Paulo Coehlo
This simple story will teach you to follow your heart.
7. Like Water for Chocolate – Laura Esquivel
It’s a romance, it’s a tragedy, it’s a freakin’ good read.
8. Love in the Time of Cholera – Gabriel García Márquez
Buck up champ, some wait half a century to be with their true love.
9. Woman Hollering Creek – Sandra Cisneros
Reflections on life, love, relationships and sex–this read will make your heart grow three sizes.
10. The Heartbreak Pill – Anjanette Delgado
If only heartbreak could be cured by a pill. Wait, maybe that wouldn’t be such a great thing.
11. Letters, to the Men I Have Loved– Mirtha Michelle Castro
You might be inspired to pour your heart out on the page.
Notice any needed corrections? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org