Why Pitbull Is Inspiring AF: ” “I Don’t ‘Leverage’ The Latin Community, I Live It.”
Yesterday, Armando Perez (also known as Pitbull) spoke at the 3rd annual eMerge Americas tech conference in Miami Beach, Fla. Every year, he blesses the entrepreneurship-based conference with his illustrious presence, dropping knowledge about being a Latino in the music biz, remaining true to his identity, and trying not to embarrass abuela along the way.
Here are 10 quotes to live by:
1. “I don’t ‘leverage’ the Latin community, I live it.”
“I just show the world how special we really are.”
These are all facts.
2. “Not everyone is a visionary.”
That’s his mantra when ideas get shut down in the boardroom. It’s not him, it’s you. ?
3. “Music talks to everyone.”
Music is basically tu tia chismosa in that way.
4. “You also want to be able to control your own destiny in one way or another.”
When choosing a project, it’s all about creative expression > money. Do you, boo boo.
5. “Like anything in life, it’s not about making it, it’s about maintaining it.”
Maintenance is key, whether it comes to business or a burrito belly.
6. “When it comes to social media, learn something new every day.”
This is how Pit’s able to come up with gems like this.
7. “I don’t wanna be part of a billion-dollar company if I’m going to have a trillion-dollar headache.”
Basically, the people you surround yourself with are everything.
8. “It’s not about the money, it’s about the journey.”
In reference to choosing offers for new projects.
And every journey should feature a Pitbull playlist.
9. “Ironically, the plan never plans out.”
Translation: Be ready for anything. *stuffs more snacks in pocket*
10. And never forget the wisest words of all:
What has Pitbull taught you about life or business? Mitú wants to know. Leave a comment below.
Notice any needed corrections? Please email us at email@example.com