about the position
Since launching its consumer brand over a year ago, mitú has quickly grown to be one of the leading voices in the Latino media landscape. Inspired by “the 200%” – youth who are 100% American and 100% Latino, our digital-first media company reaches a massive, cross-cultural audience who will soon be the majority of youth in the U.S.
We are expanding our Post Production team, and have an opening for an experienced branded content video editor! This is an ideal position for a digital native with a proven track record of creating engaging, shareable content in a quick hit approach with a keen eye for editing and storytelling. The position requires strong motion graphics skills, a collaborative, team-oriented mindset as well as an aptitude experimenting with new ways of telling stories native to the platforms we live on.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provide post-production support for our Social, Original and Branded Content Studios
• Motion Graphics development and integration
• Help edit videos into various aspect ratios and lengths to fit the various platforms we publish on, preserving the voice and spirit of the video while delivering a native experience on the platform
• Ability to work quickly and edit high volumes of video on a daily basis
• Great at working with Production team, Brand Producers and able to edit different creator’s work while preserving voice and creative style.
• Minimum 7-10 years experience with editing digital content, with a strong eye for storytelling across different output formats
• Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud apps including Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator and Encoder
• Must have thorough knowledge of editing, motion graphics, audio mixing, color correcting, aspect ratio conversion, transcoding and compressing files, and organized workflow.
• Super organized, great team player, able to pivot between assignments seamlessly, and a great communicator
• Available to support Branded Content team on weekend deliverables. Please note this position will include alternative Wednesday-Sunday scheduling
what we offer
We offer competitive rates, this is a temp-to-perm opportunity with potential for full-time employment with benefits. If interested, please submit resume, reel and two references to email@example.com