Latinos Just Don’t Do Anything Basic And These Over The Top Quince Centerpieces Prove It
We Latinos aren’t the most subtle or tame when it comes to major life milestones. A standard quinceañera is the perfect place to understand that we just don’t do anything basic. Here are 25 quince centerpieces that show just how far we go to celebrate a milestone.
1. You’ve definitely seen a centerpiece like this.Andrea Ojeda / Facebook
They definitely want you to know that their daughter is going to be a star. In case you weren’t sure who she was, they made sure to include a photo of their daughter on every centerpiece.
2. There is always that one quince where “15” is plastered everywhere.Bodas Y Eventos CSR / Facebook
Sometimes people get confused when it comes to a quince. How old are they? Is this a birthday party? Some people have so many questions. Good thing we brought the giant “15” sign to let them know that this is a young lady’s 15th birthday party.
3. Dolls galore.Carolins Princess Dresses / Facebook
Just using numbers on the centerpiece can come off as tacky. Luckily, there are dolls in carriage tops to really elevate your quince centerpiece. Plus, it looks really good if you have a doll on every table because they aren’t the cheapest.
4. Flowers on heels is always eye catching.Dianna Garcia / Facebook
Nothing says “I made it” like shoe centerpieces. They are some of the easiest centerpiece to make because you can just get a bunch of shoes from the thrift store, cover them in glitter and add some flowers. BOOM! Classy af centerpiece.
5. Candelabras are still alive and well at quince celebrations.Dreamy Parties / Facebook
Chances are there won’t be any candles in the candelabra because you don’t want to ruin the centerpiece with wax. Instead, you have to come up with a way to hang things off of the candelabra that will really make a statement, like crystals.
6. One word: Balloons!Everyday Is A Fiesta / Facebook
Balloons are always a good material to use to make a centerpiece that makes a mark. Balloons are fun and colorful ways to get someone’s attention without spending a lot of money. Good thing is you can use any color you can find.
7. Lights and water make for a great centerpiece.Felicia Muniz Madrid / facebook
If you want to make a really dramatic reveal of the birthday girl, this will allow for you to keep the lights off while everyone finds their seat. Then, when she makes the entrance, the lights go up and there she is.
8. Let them know that her future is very bright.Fiesta Party Shop And Rental / Facebook
Imagine lighting all of these candles on every table. Yeah. That’s never going to happen. You don’t want to ruin all of the little bows and how is your abuela going to be able to keep it if you burn it?
9. A favorite animal is always a good place to start.Irma Cortez / Facebook
Anything the quinceañera wants, the quinceañera gets. Nothing is too much for the young woman on her special day. She’ll probably even get brought to her quince on horse back.
10. Miniature dresses for the flowers is a nice touch.Josy’s Creations / Facebook
While everyone else is wearing some basic dresses and suits, the quinceañera is always going to shine. Having all of her centerpieces match her is definitely going to make her shine more. Basically, she will be seen as a trend setter.
11. The more elements you can include the better.Kelly Gutierrez / Facebook
As you can see, here we have a doll framed with a giant feather and some well place tulle. Of course, there has to be something that is unexpected so some zebra print ribbon is definitely the way to go.
12. Did we already mention the love of stars?Leah’s Party Decor / Facebook
Once again we are seeing the use of a star to show just how amazing the quinceañera is. She is a star. She is the best. She is the reason everyone is here tonight so you need to show her love.
13. “Wicked” reimagined as a centerpiece.Magnolia Event Center / Facebook
We aren’t sure if “wicked” was the inspiration for this centerpiece but it is really easy to see how the two could be from the same thought. The black and the green definitely give you the vibe of the incredible Broadway show. It isn’t just the centerpieces that are outrages. Here’s a look at some over-the-top quinceañera photoshoots.
14. Neon is never to be overlooked.Manitas Creativas / Facebook
You don’t even have to light these things to see them shine. If you ever lose power in your home for whatever reason, you’ll be happy to have these stashed away in one of your drawers.
15. Vases with flowers inside will wow any crowd.Posh Parties / Facebook
They don’t have to be real flowers. That’s a little pro tip for all of you out there. Some nice satin flowers inside the vase will draw the guest’s eye to the centerpiece.
16. It’s never wrong to block someone’s view with the centerpiece.Quinceanera.com / Facebook
Now, you might think that making a centerpiece that obstructs someone’s view is annoying, but it is not a faux pas move. This will get people up on their feet to watch the dance and really get into it.
17. Give them something they can wear later.Raquel’s Party Decorations / Facebook
First, let’s go ahead a celebrate this young man’s quince. Second, how great is it to get a hat when you enter a room? There is never a wrong time to give people hats. As long as the sun is shining, people will need to cover their eyes.
18. Halloween costumes for the frugal partygoer.Saieda The Party Store / Facebook
If your quince is close to Halloween, give the guests a party favor to wear on the special night. Plus, it’ll be pretty cool to see an army of your quince guests take over social media to remind you of your wonderful night.
19. If dolls are too simple, why not stuffed animals.St. Wen / Facebook
A nice teddy bear will go a long way. Everyone needs a teddy bear whether to put on their own bed or to give to someone else as a gift. But, if we are bing honest, we know that the bear will stay in the balloon until the air leaks out and it is preserved forever.
20. Sometimes you just have to use giant pillars of light.Subsonic Event DJs / Facebook
Lighting is the most important part of getting a quince going. You don’t want any photos of the honoree in a bad light. The best way to make things work out for the quinceañera is to make sure that there is always ample lighting at the table.
21. The faux shoe is a money saver and super stylish.TB Gitrigueros / Facebook
The benefit of this is that you make the party look super stylish and you save money. Just add glitter, plastic pearls and a mirror and it is suddenly the fanciest centerpiece ever.
22. Once again, all the tulle that didn’t make the dress goes to the centerpiece.Vestidos De 15 / Facebook
This really serves two purposes. One, you get to save money on reusing a material you have extra of. Two, it makes for a great theme since you know the colors will perfectly match the dress.
23. Disney inspo for the centerpiece is appreciated.Vestidos De 15 / Facebook
She might be turning into a young woman but she is still only 15. Why not give her a little bit of nostalgia on her big day. Maybe her favorite movie is “Beauty and the Beast” and, if so, this centerpiece is perfect.
24. A literal carriage.Vivian’s Formal Wear / Facebook
Show your princess that she is an actual princess. There are probably places you can go to get dolls made to look like your quince for the special day. Bonus points if the quince actually arrives in the same carriage irl.
25. Shining bright like a diamond.VL Designs / Facebook
Because Rihanna is not the only woman that shines like a diamond.
Notice any needed corrections? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org