These Incredible Moments From ‘Modern Family’ Prove That Sofia Vergara Makes The Show Worth Watching
“Modern Family” has graced our screens for 100 years (since 2009), making it one helluva long-running and successful show. And while all the characters are great in their own right, I have to be real for a minute: Gloria is, hands down, the best character on the show.
Let me break it down for you. Here are 17 reasons why she rules:
1. She has no time for people who can’t get over her accent.
Girl, preach! The sass is alive and well in this moment, and specifically directed at her husband, Jay, which I kind of love. Get with the accent or get out, buddy!
2. Her honesty is the best.
Life is too short to be coy, so Gloria’s honesty about her thoughts and life in general is much needed.
3. She defends her home with such passion!
DON’T YOU DARE PUT AN EGG ON HER HOUSE, EVER. She won’t just kill YOU, she’ll kill what you love, which is honestly so badass and horrifying. Hard relate.
4. She’s #humble and #modest.
Hey, when you’ve got it, you’ve got it.
5. She’s not afraid to be totally unchill.
Manny’s face in the background says it all.
6. She defends herself when people try to tell her she has a temper.
*Dusts off shoulders* *Flips hair* *Sways away*
7. She’s totally aware of her own flaws.
No need to spend tons of money on therapy. Gloria’s got it figured out.
8. She’s competitive. In an, uh. Healthy way.
There’s nothing wrong with being a little… INTENSE. And if Gloria is anything, she’s intense.
9. She is truly empathetic.
Just call her a modern-day Mother Teresa.
10. She totally owns being a strong, sexual woman.
It’s refreshing to see a woman on TV who isn’t demonized for the fact that, hey, she likes sex.
11. She really and truly loves her family.
It doesn’t matter whether we’re talking about her son Manny or her step-granddaughters, Gloria is all about her family.
12. She can be endearingly awkward.
You do you, Gloria.
13. She gets the struggle of being a Latina.
Honestly, this is incredibly moving and hits right in the heart. Amen, sister. Amen.
14. She always manages to communicate even when she doesn‘t know the words…
If you know more than one language you know sometimes you just forget the words.
15. She‘s always worried about his son‘s happiness…
Like most moms she only wants what‘s best.
16. She‘s always teaching valuable life lessons to her family…
She‘s one wise lady…
17. She doesn‘t take crap from anyone…
Not even little girls!
Gloria, we’ll love you forever. Never change, girl.
What is your favorite thing about Gloria? Let us know in the comments below!