The Tackiest 90s Looks We All Definitely Made Our Mamas Let Us Try
As Latinas, proven pioneers and trendsetters of style, there’s no doubting the fact that the ’90s was a decade of true exploration for us. But just in case you need it, here’s the proof:
1. You pulled specialty designs through your hair part because YAS.
The bigger the zig-zag, the better.
2. Your weekend vibe was all about a bandana tied with a cute peasant knot.
Extra puntos if you did it with tendrils.
3. You wore brown lip liner to give your admirers something to think about.
Forget the haters who said you looked like you’d just eaten Oreos. You’d do this look again if you could just get your hands on the right burgundy liner and some Carmex.
4. Crimped hair was your go-to “it girl” look.
And, girl, you looked muy linda.
5. Butterfly clips with a flat twist kept you grounded.
If you’re not doing this look when you’re putting your makeup on for a night out, you’re not doing makeup right.
6. That side-swept bang you wore because it was super chic.
Even if your hairs threatened to cut up your eyeball, you rocked this look with pride and confidence. #beautyisdangerous
7. Your bumped bangs were nothing short of bumpin’.
When your bangs got flipped turned upside down you knew it was about to go down.
8. Bejeweled tops were your ultimate statement piece.
Talk to the hand, boo. The top speaks for itself.
9. Speaking of tops, tube tops were forever.
IF you could get out of the house without mama setting her sights on your hombros descubiertos.
10. And, finally, you lovingly embraced and squeezed right into those no-back pocket Colombian jeans.
That you, no duhhh, wore whenever, wherever.
Notice any needed corrections? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org