Fierce

Missing Teen Mother’s Body Found In Trash Weeks After Her Baby Was ‘Cut From Her Belly’ In Womb Abduction Plot

A 19-year-old pregnant woman who went missing last month was found dead with her unborn baby forcibly removed from her womb in a Chicago home, CNN reports.

Marlen Ochoa-Lopez, who was nine months pregnant, vanished on April 23, when she went to get baby items from a woman she met on a Facebook group, a spokeswoman for the family, Cecelia Garcia, told CNN affiliate WGN.

Her body was found this week, more than three weeks after her disappearance.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is pregnantwomanmissingil-3.png
Twitter/@HijaDeMiMadre3

The Cook County, Illinois medical examiner’s office ruled the death a homicide by strangulation.

“We believe that she was murdered, and we believe that the baby was forcibly removed following that murder,” said Anthony Guglielmi, a Chicago police spokesman.

The newborn is alive but remains in grave condition.

The Chicago Fire Department said they received a call about a newborn in distress from the house Ochoa-Lopez’s body was later found on the day she went missing. The baby was rushed to the hospital with a woman who introduced herself as the mother.

“It’s to my knowledge that she is not the mother, and that’s all I have for you,” Larry Langford, a fire department spokesman, said.

According to a local pastor Jacobita Cortes, Ochoa-Lopez’s family has received confirmation that the newborn belongs to the late woman.

Ochoa-Lopez’s relatives are mourning the loss while praying that the baby survives.

“It just seems surreal. You see this stuff on the movies. You never get to know someone; people actually are this evil,” Garcia said.

Charges are currently pending against three people whom detectives have been investigating in the case. Neither of them has been identified.

Marlen Ochoa-Lopez is one of three pregnant women who went missing in Illinois.

The first woman to go missing was 27-year-old Kierra Coles.

Twitter/@DanaRebikWGN, @todaytrail

Police say she went missing on Oct. 2, 2018. Coles was also three months pregnant at that time, which means her due has come and gone, and there’s still no news of her whereabouts.

“Please do not give up, because I’m not,” Kierra’s father, Joseph Coles on May 5, according to the Chicago Sun-Times. Officials are offering a reward of $46,500 for information that leads to her recovery.

Coles worked in the U.S. Post Office, and they have contributed to the reward fund.

If you have information, police ask to call 312-747-8274.

The latest missing case is that of 43-year-old Chaunti Bryla who went missing on March 7.

Twitter/@RevJJackson

While Bryla’s story doesn’t exactly fit the profiles of the other two women, she also went missing under bizarre circumstances. The mother of an 11-year-old son had just returned from the grocery store, but for some reason never put the groceries away. Her aunt said, according to WGN-TV, that she ran off and didn’t explain why. Even more strange is the fact that someone took out money out of her bank account from numerous locations.

Again, people are urged to call 911 or 312-747-8274 for any information about Bryla.

Terrifying Moment Caught On Camera When A White Woman Pulls A Gun On A Black Woman In A Parking Lot

Things That Matter

Terrifying Moment Caught On Camera When A White Woman Pulls A Gun On A Black Woman In A Parking Lot

Takelia Shanee / Facebook

A disturbing video is going viral on social media. A Black Michigan mom stared down the barrel of a gun pointed by an angry white woman in a parking lot. The video is the latest example of Black Americans being violently targeted by white people.

Takelia Hill shared a video on Facebook of a terrifying encounter in a parking lot.

Posted by Takelia Shanee on Wednesday, July 1, 2020

The video starts with the image of a white woman holding a gun with fear and anger as she yells at Hill. The woman claims that Hill tried to jump behind her minivan and she was leaving the parking lot. Hill can be heard arguing with the woman refuting her claims that Hill was somehow the aggressor of the out of control and dangerous situation.

A Twitter version of the video, shared by someone identifying as a relative, has been viewed more than 11 million times on Thursday.

Hill’s daughter was recording the confrontation after the woman bumped into her.

According to The Detroit News, the argument began because the white woman bumped into Hill’s daughter and didn’t apologize. The argument escalated quickly when the Hill was almost hit with the minivan as the white couple started to drive. Hill hit the car and the white woman jumped out of the car and drew her gun.

The woman was arrested but released, according to a woman identifying as a close family member.

The police have not confirmed the information tweeted by the family member. The video is sparking outrage in the area of Auburn Hills, Michigan.

“I am deeply disturbed by an incident last night where a woman pointed a cocked gun at another woman during an argument,” Oakland County Executive David Coulter said in a statement, according to The Detroit News. “This behavior is unacceptable. I wholly expect the prosecutor to bring charges that reflect the severity of the incident.”

People in social media are angry after seeing the video and are offering advice on how the family should move forward.

One state senator is calling for action on gun reform in Michigan after the video. Fortunately, Hill and her daughter survived the encounter but the trauma of living through that is taxing.

“Michigan needs commonsense gun reform, and we need it now. People should feel safe going about their day and not have to worry about having a gun pulled on them during a conflict,” state Sen. Rosemary Baye told The Detroit News. “This incident clearly shows we have much work to do because this is not how we should be treating each other.”

READ: People Are Using Social Media to Highlight Racism On The Islands

Military Suspect In Vanessa Guillen’s Disappearance Commits Suicide

Things That Matter

Military Suspect In Vanessa Guillen’s Disappearance Commits Suicide

Anthony Smith / Getty Images

The search for Vanessa Guillen has ended after human remains were identified as the missing soldier. An investigation into the crime has led to suspects being identified and arrested. Here’s what we know so far.

A soldier, who was a suspect in Vanessa Guillen’s death, committed suicide Wednesday.

Human remains were discovered Tuesday and identified as Vanessa Guillen on Wednesday. The suspects in Guillen’s death have not been named but one of the suspects committed suicide on Wednesday morning. The military suspect shot himself while law enforcement was searching for him.

Tim Miller, the founder of Texas Equusearch, told the Houston Chronicle that he believes the military suspect killed himself at 1:30 a.m. local time. The military suspect, who was in Killeen, Texas, committed suicide shortly after human remains were discovered near the Leon River in Bell County, Texas.

Guillen’s family have expressed their grief at press conferences since the body was identified.

The family is demanding justice. One civilian suspect is currently in jail after being arrested in connection with Guillen’s death. One of Guillen’s sisters recognized the military suspect. Mayra Guillen told the press that she met the military suspect who committed suicide.

“At approximately 1:29 a.m., officers located the suspect in the 4700 block of East Rancier Avenue,” reads the statement from the Killeen Police Department website. “As officers attempted to make contact with the suspect, the suspect displayed a weapon and discharged it towards himself.  The suspect succumbed from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.”

The suspects have not been identified, however, we do have descriptions of the suspects.

“The person who took his own life earlier today in Killeen after being sought by Killeen police and federal marshals was a soldier from Fort Hood and had fled the base earlier in the day,” reads a statement by the U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Command. “A civilian has been arrested in connection with Vanessa Guillen’s disappearance. The civilian suspect is the estranged wife of a former Fort Hood Soldier and is currently in custody in the Bell County Jail awaiting charges by civilian authorities.”

The case has captivated the nation as some people hurt for the family.

The investigation into Vanessa Guillen’s death is still ongoing. There are no answers yet but her family alleges that Guillen was coming forward with sexual assault and harassment allegations. The family’s recounting of Guillen’s sexual assault allegations is renewing the conversation of sexual assault in the military.

The family is calling out Fort Hood and the military’s response to the disappearance of Guillen. According to the family, they have been pleading with Fort Hood and the U.S. Army to conduct an investigation but saw nothing happening.

READ: Partial Human Remains Found Near Fort Hood Likely Vanessa Guillen’s