20 Tweets From Latinas This Week That Will Make You LOL
Whoever said women weren’t funny clearly never met a Latina with her Twitter app open on her phone, her fingers flying over the keypad. If you hang out on Latino Twitter at all, you recognize how many hilariously talented individuals are out there with the razor-sharp wit and spot-on observations that make you think they should make a career out of their jokes.
In honor of the hilarious Latinas on Twitter who don’t get enough credit where credit is due, we present to you 20 tweets by Latinas that are sure to have you laughing out loud.
1. “On My Block” Actress Jessica Marie Garcia’s all too real observation about adult life
Jessica Marie Garcia hates the tax man as much as the rest of us. And yes, he is akin to a giant monster ravaging an innocent city.
2. Trans poet Joshua Jennifer Espinoza’s hilarious tweet about problematic crushes
Joshua Jennifer Espinoza is a Latina trans poet who recently published book of poems entitled “There Should Be Flowers”. On Twitter she describes herself as the “gayest gay who ever gayed” and the “criest cry who ever cried”. Her feed is worth checking out for some other funny gems.
3. Viviana Valencia’s on-point tweet about the money we have vs. the things we want
The Phileadelphia-based makeup artist has an avid following on both Twitter and Instagram. Her Twitter feed is full of jokes just as relate-able as this one.
4. Amelia Capaz’s hilarious read of Gwen Stefani’s problematic persona of the early-aughts
5. @Chicochunti on-point comparison of Totino’s pizza rolls to Fifth Harmony
@Chicochunti is an avid Tweeter who often touches on issues close to the Latinx community like immigration and Latinx representation in the media.
6. @Omwbabygrill has one very important thing in common with Eva Mendes
Isabel is a 21-year old Texan who is so good at writing hilarious tweets that she has almost 120,000 followers across her Twitter accounts.
7. And like any good Latina, she knows how to make a joke about Hot Cheetos
8. Latina comedian Maya Murillo feels our pain when it comes to skin flare-ups
Maya Murillo, the self-described Chicano and “Pocha Concha” of PeroLike, has a truly funny Twitter feed that focuses on the day-to-day life of a Latina.
9. Yeiry Guevara’s very true observation about the growing pains of getting older
Guevara is a writer, artist, and arts administrator of El Salvadorean descent who reps the hashtag #CentralAmericanTwitter in her Twitter bio. She’s the smart and funny Latina whom we never knew we needed.
10. The #FACTS that @Ammarise27 is giving us in this Tweet.
@Ammarise27 is a powerhouse Twitter presence with over 50,000 followers. She’s so funny that each of her tweets racks up thousands of likes and retweets.
11. @Ammarise27 ‘s on-point Tweet that perfectly illuminates the nuances of female friendship
A truer word has never been spoken. Check out some of her Tweets here.
12. @Losergirl43’s perfect employment of Spongebob to describe the problem with men in general.
@Losergirl43 is the same girl behind the other hilarious Twitter account @omwbabygrill. She literally has hundreds of Tweets that are guaranteed to bring a smile to your face.
13. @Staceymiguel gave us this Tweet that perfectly exemplifies how Latina moms try (and fail) to send coherent texts to their children.
Self-described “computer scientist” and “carbs enthusiast” @staceymiguel writes Tweets that perfectly encapsulate what it’s like to have a Latina mom.
14. @Cakefacecutie’s super accurate description of college life.
15. @Fuentesesmi’s completely reasonable reason for why she broke the law
@Fuentesesmi, aka Esmeralda, has a Twitter feed full of hilarious observations and calls to social activism.
16. @Imprudey hilariously calls out men who take their commitment to shoes a little too seriously
@Imprudey is a Miami teen with a wit that would put Shakespeare to shame.
17. Carolina Flores gives us relatable AF stories of weird tía behavior.
Yes, it was a harsh way to put it, tía, but also…she has a point. Check out Flores’s Twitter feed here.
18. Latina comedian Anjelah Johnson is queen of the very scientific Twitter followers poll.
19. @Chrysanthemums_’s Tweet that only Dominicans in New York City will understand
This Dominicana’s Twitter feed is fully of natural hair musings as well as riffs on the culture of the Dominican community in New York. Her feed is definitely worth checking out!
20. Linda Landeros’s 100% true statement about the magic of Fenty beauty
Linda Landeros’s Twitter bio describes her as a “Latina triple threat – actor, writer, comedian” as well as the “future anchor of Weekend Update” on SNL. From the looks of her Twitter feed, we believe it!