These Quinceañera Fails Are Truly Any Latinas Worst Nightmare
There’s something about Quinceañeras that are just a recipe for disaster. Not only are you celebrating your official entry into womanhood, but you’re surrounded by your closest friends and family in the process. And surrounded by cameras. Lots and lots of cameras.
And with all the moving parts that throwing a party of this magnitude entails, its inevitable that one or two (or five) things are bound to go wrong. And with the addition of elaborate decorations, over-the-top dresses, and fancy cakes, the fails become all the more entertaining to watch. In light of this, we’ve compiled a list of 20 quinceañera fails that are so bad they’re good. Take a peak below!
1. This girl was the victim of an overly-waxed floor.
Being the center of attention at your quinceañera is a double-edged sword. On one hand, you’re the veritable princess for the day, and everyone is looking at you with admiration. On the other hand, everyone is looking at you–a situation that is ripe for ultra-embarrassing moments.
2. This cumpleañera had to re-take a test the day of her Quinceañera
Talk about horrible timing! However, we feel compelled to give this girl props for being equally committed to both her school work and her quinceañera. We can’t promise we would’ve done the same.
3. This girl literally ate dirt while filming her quince video
We know without even having to investigate that this videographer must’ve been a man. No woman would’ve put another girl through the torture of running (through grass!) in high heels and a ballgown. No bueno.
4. When the entertainment comes at the expense of the guest of honor
As if you needed another reason to be afraid of clowns, this girl was practically assaulted by an over-eager entertainer.
5. I’m sure this girl had something else in mind when she hoped her party would be “lit”.
Among the (many) problems with the big, poofy, traditional quinceañera ballgowns is the fact that they’re highly flammable. So, please: avoid carrying around a tray of drinks that are on fire.
6. This cake, that was obviously decorated by a gringo
Pro-tip: hire someone with at least a rudimentary knowledge of Spanish when you’re looking for a baker, otherwise you might end up with cake-related fails like the one above.
7. This poor girl was let down by both her choreographer and the table that held her up
We miss the good old days when the baile principal was just a girl with her chambelan’s dancing to “Tiempo de Valz”. Now, you need a helmet and knee-pads just to get through all the dance moves without being injured.
8. The scariest última muñeca ever
This girl received a Chucky doll as her última muñeca and we can’t tell if she’s genuinely happy about it or if she’s smiling through her disappointment.
9. This girl experienced an unfortunate incident involving her father and a pool.
One of the many things that can go wrong at quinceañeras is that normally responsible adults find it hard to even walk due to the amount of alcohol they’ve consumed.
10. Another “lift the birthday girl up in the air” fail
We hope this dance was choreographed to the tune of “It’s My Party and I’ll Cry If I Want To”. Because we wouldn’t blame this girl for spending a few minutes in the bathroom getting herself together after this traumatic fail.
11. This girl was rightfully nervous about riding this horse.
We understand that a girl on a horse is a romantic vision for vaquero communities (especially in Texas), but at least make sure the horse is safe for the birthday girl to get on
12. This girl accidentally gave her party guests an eye-full.
This is why the concept of the dress rehearsal is so important. In this is also why it’s called a “dress rehearsal” and not an “underwear rehearsal”. Yikes.
13. This poor girl was another victim of ill-prepared chambelans.
It might be a good idea for the cumpleañera to insist that her chambelans commit to a P90x regimen before even attempting to hold her in the air
14. Unfortunately, the only place this cake ended up was the floor
We have mixed feelings about the face/cake-smashing tradition. It can be fun to watch and participate in (if the cumpleañera is willing), but it’s also messy and potentially disastrous.
15. This girl’s family had the brilliant idea of hanging her from the same rope as the piñata
If there’s anything we’ve learned so far, it’s that sometimes it’s better to keep things simple. When it comes to thebaile principal, a simple waltz will do.
16. You can tell this birthday girl knew the chair-lift wasn’t a good idea
We didn’t think it was possible, but lifting up the birthday-girl on a chair was possibly even more unsafe than the aforementioned “hand-lift” technique
17. The classic car-exit fail (we’ve all been there)
The quinceañera is traditionally the time when young women are supposed to wear the first pair of high-heels. It’s because of that you see so many slips and falls like this one. Walking in heels takes work.
18. This young lady couldn’t see her own chair underneath all that tulle
Yet another reason why we’re all in favor of a more slim-fitting evening gown that a princess-style ballgown.
19. This person experienced yet another failed attempt at an impressive lift
Can we all agree at this point not to lift the birthday girl up in the air? It may look cute in “Dirty Dancing”, but in reality, the cons out-weigh the pros.
20. These problematic chambelanoutfits
Three guesses as to why these chambelans look so miserable. Is it because they’re being forced to wear demeaning, stereotypical outfits? Nahh. Of course not.