12 Tweets That Perfectly Captured Last Night’s “Game of Thrones” Episode
To say that last night’s episode of “Game of Thrones” was a shocker would be an understatement. The always-unpredictable television phenomenon threw everyone for a loop when they turned one of the most beloved heroic characters on the show into a homicidal maniac.
Yes, Season 8’s fifth episode was a doozy, but that doesn’t mean it didn’t make for some great television. Twitter practically exploded last night with live-tweeted reactions and hilarious memes that helped us process all the carnage. Take a look at the best tweets below!
1. “It was all a dream…”
This meme says it all. At this point, all we can do is hope that the series finale will be Ned Stark waking up in bed next to Caitlyn and telling her: “You won’t believe the nightmare I just had.”
2. Greyworm did all of us dirty
At least Daenerys has an excuse for going crazy–madness runs in her blood. What’s your excuse for killing thousands of innocent woman and children, Greyworm? Huh? We’re waiting.
3. Literally all of our faces after Dany snapped:
In the immortal words of Tyra Banks, Cycle Four of America’s Next Top Model: “We were rooting for you!!! We were all rooting for you!!!”
4. Dany totally had us fooled with her campaign promises
Exactly this. It just doesn’t make sense–what happened to her grand ideas of peace, freedom, and prosperity for all of her subjects?
5. When Jon realized he was on the bad-guy team
But also…the dude could have helped prevent this whole scenario if he had just given the lady what she wanted when she asked for it (wink wink).
6. Here is an actual, real-life preview of next week’s episode:
We literally can’t wait to see what Daenerys has to say for herself when Jon inevitably confronts her next episode.
7. Of course, the more philosophical branch of Twitter had some thoughts
This episode just proved all of those theories about Daenerys’s wokeness as being performative. Was it simply just manipulation all along?
8. Maybe Daenarys was the mastermind behind the restrictive abortion bill all along
At this point, we wouldn’t put it past her. Sure, we used to stan for her, but in the golden words of Mariah Carey, now…we don’t know her.
9. Varys was right in the end (as he always was)
RIP, Varys. You were the shady queen none of us deserved.
WINTER IS HERE! Who will rule the Iron Throne, Guac Snow or Guacnarys Targaryan?
Get both in our new Guac of Thrones pin set!
10.The requisite Spongebob meme
The only difference being that Dany and Drogon had no intent to save King’s Landing. They wanted that ish to burn.
11. Jon and Tyrion’s reaction to Dany’s breakdown that literally everyone warned them about
Even two of the smartest, most instinctual men of GOT were blinded by their loyalty to their charismatic queen.
12. Here’s to hoping there will be some silver lining in the finale
There’s always hope for a Tormund and Brienne happy ending that might make all the carnage worth it