J.Lo Looked Like A Quinceañera At Every Red Carpet 10 Years Ago
Did we really think this looked good 10 years ago?
1. Today, J.Lo is known as a fierce style icon. But nothing about what you’re about to see says style icon.
The peasant skirt, shoes two-sizes too big, braids and bangles are more like I’m going to a party at the pueblo where my parents are from than I’m hitting a celebrity event.
2. She wore tops with the fur.
A babydoll? Really?
3. …and fuzzy boots with the fur!
Girl’s got top and bottom!
4. …and even threw some fur in her dresses.
Cuz why not?
5. Let’s talk about accessories.
If it’s not platinum or fine gold, she would’t wear it nowadays.
6. Take a closer look… Is that a sweatband?!
What was J.Lo doing with a sweatband at MTV’s TRL? And check out those pinned-striped jeans. Pimpin ?.
7. Her sunnies look like something mom would’ve snagged at the swapmeet.
What are thooooose?!
8. Ponchos were part of her wardrobe and made it to TV appearances.
For those of you that don’t know, a poncho is an outer garment designed to keep the body warm
9. …and she wasn’t afraid to take it retro.
Credit: Caroline Ruiz / Film Cast
Blue, on blue, on blue.
10. But mostly, she looked like the girl next door…
Look at her shopping her heart out. Awww!
11. Well, a nicer, more put together, version of the girl next door…
That heel/purse combo is too ridiculous!
12. The hair was like… ???
And can we talk about that eyeshadow?! What WAS that?
13. Her hair braids gave the padawan braid a run for their money...
Step aside Jedi Padawans.
14. She sometimes drew hair inspo from quineañeras.
15. And other unidentified objects.
Girl, where your lips at tho?
16. and she was never afraid to change it up!
Check out those healthy roots, girl!
17. She clearly hadn’t discovered contouring.
18. Or concealers that matched her skin tone.
19. …but she was on her way to getting there.
Aww, look at her trying!
20. Her shadow game would put RuPaul to shame.
21. She hadn’t even mastered her signature sex-face pose.
Today’s J.Lo would never smile.
22. But she was always down to represent the her bronx roots in a yankee hat.
Um, hi future boyfriend! See you in a couple of years!
23. Yet, this is the baseball cap you probably remember the most!
She’s just, she’s just, Jenny from the Block. First she had a little now she has a lot! A whole lot.
24. If there’s one thing that about JLo, it’s her hat game.
Girl’s got more hats than all the socks combined in my drawer, and i’ve got a lot of socks!
25. Now THIS is style-icon J.Lo who inspires us to be fierce every day.
Credit: Jason Merritt/Getty Images
Slayyy, queen, slay ??.
Don’t forget to click the share button below!
Notice any needed corrections? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org