Here’s The Cutest, Little Mazapan Pillow You Can Make For Your Besties
Perfect gift for your special amor.
Posted by We are mitú on Saturday, February 11, 2017
This mazapan pillow is such a quick and easy gift that’s too cute to handle. ?
Inspired by the original Mazapan candy, which usually falls apart as soon as you open the wrapper- here’s a cute, little mazapan pillow that won’t fall apart when you touch it. Check out this quick tutorial video and follow the detailed instructions below for further guidance. ?
Here are the supplies you will need:
- 2 sheets of beige felt
- 2 sheets of red felt
- 1 sheet of green felt
- Print of letters “Unbreakable”
- Pillow stuffing
- Hot glue gun + glue sticks
- Marker (preferably a fabric marker)
- Circular object for pillow base
- Smaller circular object for rose
- Optional: Mazapan candy for reference
Here are the instructions:
- Place larger circular object for the pillow base over the two sheets of beige felt and trace the circular object with a marker.
- Cut out the two circles and use your hot glue gun to glue them. **Make sure to leave a 1″ seam.
- Now you can turn pillow base inside out through the seam.
- Next, cut out the letters from the print and place them over 1 sheet of red felt. **Feel free to change the text from “unbreakable” to anything else you’d like!
- Trace the letters with marker and cut them out. ✂️
- Now you can flip the letters over right side up and glue them onto the pillow base where desired.
- Bring out your second sheet of red felt and trace a smaller circular shape over it.
- Cut out the circular shape and make sure to scallop the edges of the circle.
- Spiral cut the circle inwards.
- Roll the red felt in and it will start to resemble a rose. Make sure to glue the end of the rose to the bottom to secure it together. ?
- Bring out your green felt and fold over one of the ends and trace the fold with your marker.
- Draw 4 half circles on your green felt and cut them out.
- Next, cut ¼” with the remainder of green felt and then cut it in half. These two pieces of green felt will be your rose stems.
- Now you can glue the rest of the pieces onto the beige felt in order to resemble a rose. **Note: You can use a Mazapan candy as a reference.
- Next, you can fill pillow base with stuffing.
- Finally, close the seam and you’re done!!
**Note: the Mazapan pillow is not edible.?
Share with all of your friends and family who enjoy crafting!
Notice any needed corrections? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org