Perfect gift for your special amor.
Posted by We are mitú on Saturday, February 11, 2017
This mazapan pillow is such a quick and easy gift that’s too cute to handle. ?
Inspired by the original Mazapan candy, which usually falls apart as soon as you open the wrapper- here’s a cute, little mazapan pillow that won’t fall apart when you touch it. Check out this quick tutorial video and follow the detailed instructions below for further guidance. ?
Here are the supplies you will need:
- 2 sheets of beige felt
- 2 sheets of red felt
- 1 sheet of green felt
- Print of letters “Unbreakable”
- Pillow stuffing
- Hot glue gun + glue sticks
- Marker (preferably a fabric marker)
- Circular object for pillow base
- Smaller circular object for rose
- Optional: Mazapan candy for reference
Here are the instructions:
- Place larger circular object for the pillow base over the two sheets of beige felt and trace the circular object with a marker.
- Cut out the two circles and use your hot glue gun to glue them. **Make sure to leave a 1″ seam.
- Now you can turn pillow base inside out through the seam.
- Next, cut out the letters from the print and place them over 1 sheet of red felt. **Feel free to change the text from “unbreakable” to anything else you’d like!
- Trace the letters with marker and cut them out. ✂️
- Now you can flip the letters over right side up and glue them onto the pillow base where desired.
- Bring out your second sheet of red felt and trace a smaller circular shape over it.
- Cut out the circular shape and make sure to scallop the edges of the circle.
- Spiral cut the circle inwards.
- Roll the red felt in and it will start to resemble a rose. Make sure to glue the end of the rose to the bottom to secure it together. ?
- Bring out your green felt and fold over one of the ends and trace the fold with your marker.
- Draw 4 half circles on your green felt and cut them out.
- Next, cut ¼” with the remainder of green felt and then cut it in half. These two pieces of green felt will be your rose stems.
- Now you can glue the rest of the pieces onto the beige felt in order to resemble a rose. **Note: You can use a Mazapan candy as a reference.
- Next, you can fill pillow base with stuffing.
- Finally, close the seam and you’re done!!
**Note: the Mazapan pillow is not edible.?
Share with all of your friends and family who enjoy crafting!