Here’s 19 Ways Latinxs Slayed And Played at the Billboard Music Awards
Yes, we have our own Billboard Music Awards Ceremony, but release Latinos to compete against everywhere and we still perform…and win!
You’ll want to see J. Lo’s on-stage wardrobe changes and some pure magic that happened with Camila Cabello.
1. J. Lo only knows how to stun.
It’s like, the block has changed a whole lot but Jenny just won’t quit. She stole the red carpet with not just her burgundy velvet jacket, snakeskin-patterned skirt and stiletto boots.
2. She actually wore a real $100 bill on her nails.
We expected to see J.Lo do something extra for her performance of “Dinero” with DJ Khaled, and this was just right.
3. J.Lo walked onto the stage like this.
But then, girl wore black velvet gloves on stage! Those nails were just for her, not for the stage. #Queen
4. But eventually stripped down to this bejeweled body suit.
You cannot compete with Jenny from the Block. You just can’t. I really felt for everyone who had to grace that stage after her.
5. Demi Lovato went wild.
I mean, at least the print on her dress really was wild. Demi was the poised, fierce presence as she ever is, and had an on-stage performance of her own…
6. With none other than Christina Aguilera!
The duo just released a music video together called, “Fall in Line,” and their message to the patriarchy was p a l p a b l e in their live performance.
7. Christina left her mark on the red carpet.
Redefining the meaning of feminine authority with a pinstripe suit cape, and stilettos that only a boss could manage.
8. And her rehearsal attire was just as epic.
She teased her fans the night before the show with this one and I’ll be wearing my french braids and big hoops for the rest of the week.
9. “Fall in Line” is my new feminist anthem.
Their live performance was surrounded by dancers dressed as soldiers who flanked each diva until they broke free and joined in a duet.
Warning: if you’re a bleeding heart Latino, you will cry.
10. Camila Cabello walked the carpet like she owned it.
Decked in Chopard and knowing exactly how impeccable she looks, she was kind enough to pose for some pics.
Pro tip: Google her and find all the normal dorky Camila gifs gracing the carpet.
11. Cabello & Pharrell performed the encore.
Her sultry voice and vampirish outfit change was the only way to close out the night. #POCFTW
12. Plus, you guys #Normila is back.
After two years of not speaking since Camila left Fifth Harmony, the two reunited for the very first time and all looks more than amicable…
13. They gave us this gold.
We know that this pose was meant to ship the other’s accomplishments, but it has become a treasure to The Internet.
14. Behold, the best meme we could dig up.
So glad these two are back together at least. Where you at Third Harmony? Pray with me for a Fifth Harmony reunion, fam. ????
15. Luis Fonsi took home 5 awards for “Despacito.”
The song is the #1 Billboard award achieving Latin song in history!
Honestly, 2017 wouldn’t have been the same without “Despacito.”
16. Do you think he knew he’d be breaking a record when he walked the carpet?
Fonsi has won many Latin Billboard awards, but he just went from 0 to 5 Billboard awards in one night, putting him as third most-winning Latin artist behind Shakira.
17. We applaud Hailey Baldwin’s red carpet look. ????????????
This Brazilian model donned a gown from Alexandre Vauthier’s 2018 collection and golden Jimmy Choo’s to match everything she touches (get it? because it turns to gold?).
18. Z Lala didn’t disappoint this year.
Esa Boricua is known for her wild hair/hat styles and ensuring that whatever she wears, it is a work of art worthy of museums. Don’t ask me how she got in the car that drove her there though.
19. Ozuna won Latin Artist of the Year!
Which is a never been done feat in one year, given that he won the same award at the Latin Billboard Awards just last month. We leave you here to bask in the single album that has claimed his fame, Odisea.