25 Tattoos Inspired By Frida Kahlo To Get You Pumped For Your Next Ink Job
Throughout her artistic career, Frida Kahlo showed the world that life and death can exist in many forms. Lovers of the Mexican icon have immortalized her work and persona in many ways. For some it has been by creating Kahlo inspired merchandise, for others, it’s been telling her story so that it lives on. For the die-hards though, the rebels just like Kahlo, ensuring her legacy has come by wearing their love for Kahlo quite literally on their sleeves. Or, skin.
Check out these 25 depictions of Kahlo below!
1. This sketchy design of the Latina.
This piece looks straight out of a picture drawing. The colorful floral and line designs give it the dreamiest looking.
2. The minimalist tattoo.
Mini tattoos have been all the rage this year. This simple design is colorful, small, and unique enough to put wherever you want.
3. All the text you’ll need in your tatt.
Go for an empowering tattoo with one of Frida’s most inspiring quotes: “Feet, why do I need them if I have wings to fly?”
4. Frida the watercolor version.
This lovely tattoo embraces all of the. color that Frida adored as an artist.
5. The portrait inspired by Frida’s artwork.
Pay proper tribute with your tattoo by using her pieces to inspire your design.
6. The tattoo with a name.
Fans of Frida’s artwork will remember her famous painting of watermelons. Embrace the art and go for something new with an inspiring quote that reads “long live life.”
7. Another simple look that embraces the brow.
Do Kahlo’s brow justice with a simple tatt that celebrates and embraces her facial hair.
7. Breathe life into Frida’s art with a tatt that embraces muerte.
This skeletal design pays homage to the themes of many of the artists works particularly life and death.
8. Another mini tattoo for the ink-addict who loves detail.
It’s hard to pick which aspects of this design to love the most. From the intricacy to its minimalism, we bet even Kahlo herself would have a hard time.
9. This tattoo that will bring tears to your eyes.
From the beautiful Kahlo quote: “Can one invent verbs? I want to tell you one: I sky you, so my wings extend so large to love you without measure.”
10. Not all tatts have to be permanent
This fake tattoo design pays tribute to the artist. Once it comes off, you can pick another cool Kahlo design.
11. Keep it rosey.
It’s impossible to feel the romance of this beautiful tribute to the artist.
12.Simple black lined tattoo of the artist.
This tribute to Kahlo’s “Wounded Deer” is almost as good as seeing the work of art in the museum.
13. Embrace your pelo with this tatt.
Gotta love this tattoo for what it is. With so much focus on her lashes and brow, there’s no doubt this piece is a solid tribute to the artist’s hairy style.
14. These floral designs sare all about the romance.
The beautiful details on this painting are a work of art on their own.
15. This tattoo is all about the design and placement.
What better way to embrace your inner Kahlo than to put her on to one of the most feminine parts of your body?
16. Romantic flowers in a mini tattoo.
Gotta love the number of small tattoos that pay tribute to the artist considering how big her actual art was!
17. A tattoo with highest contrasts in color.
Love how this tattoo of Frida uses bright and bold colors to call attention to that beautiful uni.
18. Another intricately designed art that pays tribute to the artist’s style.
This design cuts up a famous painting of the artist and gives it an entirely new perspective.
19. Another abstract depiction of Frida.
The simple clean lines of this artistic tattoo are a work of art in themselves.
20. Gotta love this beautiful rendition of Kahlo.
Kahlo looks straight out of a children’s art book.
21. Kahlo as a stamp.
This artist’s take on a rather popular tattoo choice is pretty clever.
22. This realistic depiction of Kahlo is fire.
The tattoo is so realistic, it looks like a copy paste of one of her photos.
23. Clean lines of a true artist.
Tattoo aficionados are likely well aware of the fact that clean lines are had to create on skin. This look speaks to the talent of the artist and their passion for Kahlo.
24. This stone cold depiction of Kahlo is everything.
Gotta love this depection of Kahlo for embracing her hoops.
25. The two-sided tattoo every Kahlo enthusiast ought to consider rocking.
This half skull, half Kahlo tattoo acts as another amazing tribute to the beautiful Kahlo’s work and artistry.