25 Tattoos Inspired By Frida Kahlo To Get You Pumped For Your Next Ink Job
Throughout her artistic career, Frida Kahlo showed the world that life and death can exist in many forms. Lovers of the Mexican icon have immortalized her work and persona in many ways. For some it has been by creating Kahlo inspired merchandise, for others, it’s been telling her story so that it lives on. For the die-hards though, the rebels just like Kahlo, ensuring her legacy has come by wearing their love for Kahlo quite literally on their sleeves. Or, skin.
Check out these 25 depictions of Kahlo below!
1. This sketchy design of the Latina.@13moonstattoostudio/ Instagram
This piece looks straight out of a picture drawing. The colorful floral and line designs give it the dreamiest looking.
2. The minimalist tattoo.@conquistatattooestudio / Instagram
Mini tattoos have been all the rage this year. This simple design is colorful, small, and unique enough to put wherever you want.
3. All the text you’ll need in your tatt.@frryrstbn / Instagram
Go for an empowering tattoo with one of Frida’s most inspiring quotes: “Feet, why do I need them if I have wings to fly?”
4. Frida the watercolor version.@pikalilly.tattoo / Instagram
This lovely tattoo embraces all of the. color that Frida adored as an artist.
5. The portrait inspired by Frida’s artwork.@perla_tattoo / Instagram
Pay proper tribute with your tattoo by using her pieces to inspire your design.
6. The tattoo with a name.@elestemari_ / Instagram
Fans of Frida’s artwork will remember her famous painting of watermelons. Embrace the art and go for something new with an inspiring quote that reads “long live life.”
7. Another simple look that embraces the brow.marinamoraestattoo / Instagram
Do Kahlo’s brow justice with a simple tatt that celebrates and embraces her facial hair.
7. Breathe life into Frida’s art with a tatt that embraces muerte.@felipe.ink / Instagram
This skeletal design pays homage to the themes of many of the artists works particularly life and death.
8. Another mini tattoo for the ink-addict who loves detail.@marcelammtattoo / Instagram
It’s hard to pick which aspects of this design to love the most. From the intricacy to its minimalism, we bet even Kahlo herself would have a hard time.
9. This tattoo that will bring tears to your eyes.@mr.tattoomx / Instagram
From the beautiful Kahlo quote: “Can one invent verbs? I want to tell you one: I sky you, so my wings extend so large to love you without measure.”
10. Not all tatts have to be permanent@rosa_guayaba / Instagram
This fake tattoo design pays tribute to the artist. Once it comes off, you can pick another cool Kahlo design.
11. Keep it rosey.@canvastattooandartgallery / Instagram
It’s impossible to feel the romance of this beautiful tribute to the artist.
12.Simple black lined tattoo of the artist.@ulises_gnostico / Instagram
This tribute to Kahlo’s “Wounded Deer” is almost as good as seeing the work of art in the museum.
13. Embrace your pelo with this tatt.@anna_mond / Instagram
Gotta love this tattoo for what it is. With so much focus on her lashes and brow, there’s no doubt this piece is a solid tribute to the artist’s hairy style.
14. These floral designs sare all about the romance.@von_nimmermehr / Instagram
The beautiful details on this painting are a work of art on their own.
15. This tattoo is all about the design and placement.@alejandraajimenez85 / Instagram
What better way to embrace your inner Kahlo than to put her on to one of the most feminine parts of your body?
16. Romantic flowers in a mini tattoo.@steffytattoo / Instagram
Gotta love the number of small tattoos that pay tribute to the artist considering how big her actual art was!
17. A tattoo with highest contrasts in color.@manuponxtattoo / Instagram
Love how this tattoo of Frida uses bright and bold colors to call attention to that beautiful uni.
18. Another intricately designed art that pays tribute to the artist’s style.@matheusonetattoo / Instagram
This design cuts up a famous painting of the artist and gives it an entirely new perspective.
19. Another abstract depiction of Frida.@annikakkka / Instagram
The simple clean lines of this artistic tattoo are a work of art in themselves.
20. Gotta love this beautiful rendition of Kahlo.@tattooinspirink / Instagram
Kahlo looks straight out of a children’s art book.
21. Kahlo as a stamp.@danaealba23 / Instagram
This artist’s take on a rather popular tattoo choice is pretty clever.
22. This realistic depiction of Kahlo is fire.@sabrinasawyerstattoos / Instagram
The tattoo is so realistic, it looks like a copy paste of one of her photos.
23. Clean lines of a true artist.@meltattoo / Instagram
Tattoo aficionados are likely well aware of the fact that clean lines are had to create on skin. This look speaks to the talent of the artist and their passion for Kahlo.
24. This stone cold depiction of Kahlo is everything.@simoneklimmeck / Instagram
Gotta love this depection of Kahlo for embracing her hoops.
25. The two-sided tattoo every Kahlo enthusiast ought to consider rocking.@josedanielarte / Instagram
This half skull, half Kahlo tattoo acts as another amazing tribute to the beautiful Kahlo’s work and artistry.
Recommend this story by clicking the share button below!
Notice any needed corrections? Please email us at email@example.com