Entertainment

Meet The Mexican Actor Who Will Play Luis Miguel In A New TV Series

It was just announced that actor Diego Boneta will play the role of Luis Miguel in Telemundo’s upcoming TV series.

Listo para contar la historia oficial de Luis Miguel. Prepárense… #telemundo #netflix

A post shared by Diego Boneta (@diegoboneta) on

“Luis Miguel, the Series” is set to air on Telemundo in the U.S. It will be distributed in Latin America and Spain by Netflix in 2018.

Telemundo has released several successful bio-musicals, including “Celia,” based on Celia Cruz, and “Hasta Que Te Conoci,” about Juan Gabriel.

Credit: Netflix America Latina / YouTube

People will travel alongside with me through a surprising, unexpected and emotional journey that has shaped the artist and the person that I am today,” Luis Miguel said, according to Billboard.

Here’s why Boneta (or should I say Buenote) is the perfect choice to play Luis Miguel.

Umm… talk about similar smiles.

They both know a thing or two about slick hair…

Sentir que tus besos se anidaron en mí…

A post shared by Luis Miguel (@lmxlm) on

… And nice suits.

Meet Ollie… #monsterpartymovie

A post shared by Diego Boneta (@diegoboneta) on

What dapper dudes.

More importantly, this 26-year-old is a triple threat!

Via: Diego Boneta / YouTube

Check out his moves on “Pretty Little Liars.”

Boneta can actually sing! His breakthrough role was Rocco Bezauri on the Spanish telenovela “Rebelde.”

Credit: Televisa

Boneta’s singing skills helped him snag a role on “Rebelde,” and he eventually transitioned into becoming a bonafide pop singer.

Here’s a music video from Boneta’s debut album.

Credit: DiegoVEVO / YouTube

Boneta has released two albums so far: his debut “Diego” and “Indigo.” He could have just been a singer for the rest of his life, but you cannot put this kind of talent into a box. You have to let it roam free.

Boneta also has major crossover appeal. Remember him as Javier Luna on “90210”?

Credit: CW / via YouTube

That was probably not the best clip, considering he gets killed. However, it does show he has a dramatic flare. Don’t believe us??

Boneta doesn’t just look good on the small screen. He can carry a feature film!

Credit: Warner Bros. Pictures / via YouTube

He was the main love interest in the 2012 musical “Rock of Ages.” Looks like Boneta can do it all!

So, what’s left to say… you ready, Diego?

Giphy

Beause 2018 cannot come fast enough!

READ: Diego Boneta Talks Stereotypes

Will you watch this Luis Miguel series? Share this story and comment in the section below!

Notice any needed corrections? Please email us at corrections@wearemitu.com

Gabriel Fernandez’s Mother, Pearl Fernandez, Is Trying to Have Her Murder Conviction Thrown Out

Things That Matter

Gabriel Fernandez’s Mother, Pearl Fernandez, Is Trying to Have Her Murder Conviction Thrown Out

Photos: State of California, Gabriel’s Justice/Facebook

Gabriel Fernandez’s mother, Pearl Fernandez, is trying to have her murder conviction thrown out. The 37-year-old woman has been in jail since 2018 for the murder and torture of her eight-year old son.

Pearl Fernandez is petitioning the court for resentencing, hoping to have her first-degree murder and/or second-degree murder charges thrown out.

Fernandez is hoping to have her sentence vacated based off of new changes to the California state penal code. “I think that she feels that somehow maybe, you know, the special circumstance will be dismissed or maybe she’ll have a chance that the D.A. will agree with the petition,” Deputy District Attorney Jonathan Hatami said to CBSLA.

In June 2018, a judge sentenced Pearl Fernandez to life without parole. The judge charged Pearl Fernandez with the 2013 torture and killing of her eight-year-old son, Gabriel Fernandez.

On May 22, 2013, Gabriel Fernandez died after suffering a fatal beating from his mother. Pearl Fernandez was allegedly angry that he didn’t clean up his toys.

The details of Pearl and her boyfriend’s lengthy torture campaign against Gabriel Fernandez are both gruesome and numerous. Over the course of his eight-month stay with Isauro Aguirre, the couple broke his bones, burned him with cigarettes, pepper-sprayed him, and forced him to eat his own vomit as well as animal feces. And that is just a short-list of what they did.

The case came to national attention after the release of the 2020 Netflix documentary, “The Trials of Gabriel Fernandez“. The documentary shone a spotlight on the insidious nature of child abuse. It also highlighted the systematic failures of the social services system that fails to protect children.

Elected officials have expressed their disgust at Pearl Fernandez for trying to escape justice by taking advantage of updated laws.

“The policies and directives from my office and these new laws created by the Legislature are emboldening murderers of children to apply to be re-sentenced,” said Deputy DA Hatami to City News Service. “This is completely unfair to the surviving families and their loved ones.”

He continued: “Families now have to relive all the horror that was perpetrated upon a small and helpless child. Based upon all the evidence presented at the grand jury, which was made public, and the jury trial, Pearl Fernandez was a major participant in the torture and murder of little Gabriel.”

It seems obvious by the fact that Pearl Fernandez is trying to get out of jail after torturing her son to death, that she isn’t remorseful about her actions.

Any other mother who killed her son would probably want to spend the rest of her life in jail instead of trying to find a way to get out of it.

If you believe someone you know is experiencing–or committing–child abuse, there are resources to help. Call the Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline at 1-800-4-A-Child or 1-800-422-4453, or go to www.childhelp.org. Staying vigilant could help save a child like Gabriel Fernandez.

Notice any needed corrections? Please email us at corrections@wearemitu.com

Regé-Jean Page Is Leaving ‘Bridgerton’ and We’re Devastated

Entertainment

Regé-Jean Page Is Leaving ‘Bridgerton’ and We’re Devastated

Courtesy Netflix

There is some very bad news for “Bridgerton” fans. On Friday, Netflix announced that Regé-Jean Page is not returning for the second season of the smash-hit Shondaland series. Regé-Jean Page played the dashing Duke Simon Basset in the first season.

Netflix told the world that Regé-Jean Page would not be returning to “Bridgerton” via a statement written in the voice of Lady Whistledown.

“While all eyes turn to Lord Anthony Bridgerton’s quest to find a Viscountess, we bid adieu to Regé-Jean Page, who so triumphantly played the Duke of Hastings. We’ll miss Simon’s presence onscreen, but he will always be a part of the Bridgerton family,” Lady Whistledown wrote.

They also added: “Daphne will remain a devoted wife and sister, helping her brother navigate the upcoming social season and what it has to offer – more intrigue and romance than my readers may be able to bear.”

Apparently, it was Regé-Jean Page’s decision not to return to the multicultural costume drama.

Although the role of duke Simon Basset shot Page to stardom, he feels that it’s now time for him to move onto bigger and better things. In an interview with Variety, Page said that Bridgerton producers always told him that his role would be a “one-season arc” with a “beginning, middle, end”.

“[I thought] ‘That’s interesting,’ because then it felt like a limited series,” said Page. “I get to come in, I get to contribute my bit and then the Bridgerton family rolls on.”

According to Bridgerton producers, the next season will largely revolve around Anthony Bridgerton (played by Jonathan Bailey) as he tries to nab the love of his life.

Unfortunately, that storyline doesn’t seem quite as appealing to Bridgerton fans who loved to stare at Regé-Jean Page’s face for hours on end.

“Well, not sure what the point of watching this now,” said one disgruntled Twitter user. “We all know that Simon was the reason why most of us were watching this :/”

Fans of the book series, however, were much quicker to jump to Regé-Jean Page’s defense.

“Guys, each season is about one brother/sister, first season was about Daphne, second season will be about Anthony!” wrote another fan. “Simon won’t be the main character as he was. Accept Anthony and Kate [the new love interest]”. They added later: “The name [of the show] is ‘Bridgerton’ not Duke of Hastings.”

Notice any needed corrections? Please email us at corrections@wearemitu.com