21 Ways The Internet Screamed At Brazil’s World Cup Loss
Brazil knocked Mexico out of the round of 16 in FIFA’s World Cup, securing their spot in the quarterfinals. Latinos around the world grieved the loss of their respective countries and then shifted allegiances to either Brazil.
All in one day, all was lost, but Brazil gave the best game in World Cup history, and the Internet was screaming.
1. Immediately, the Belgian snobbery started taking over the interwebz.
Who knew soccer aficionados were so into “Pretty Little Liars”? Literally every win has churned out this meme.
2. Nobody was allowed to speak of anything else.
“I’m sorry, what? You’re talking about your education? THERE ARE BIGGER ISSUES HERE, TONTA.”
It was an emotional day.
3. Latin tears contributed to rising sea levels this day July 6, 2018.
When Miami goes under, we’ll blame the Belgians. Screw their chocolate.
We lost a whole city today.
4. Generations of families came together to weep.
It is visceral, this pain. Brazil was killing it the first 20 minutes of the game. The emotional rollercoaster began when Belgium scored.
5. But we’re still ride or die, Brazil. ????????
Well, I mean, most of us…
6. Germany, Argentina, Portugal and Mexico have no f*cks to give.
I mean, that’s all we’re saying. Que te cagas, Brazil.
7. It seems that these colors are debilitating to the Brazil team.
Like, achilles heel, terrible. Like Fabuloso on a Saturday morning. You can’t escape the defeat.
8. Pray that Uganda never plays Brazil. ????????
There are two layers of black, red and yellow, you guys. Plus a rooster? It’ll be a savage loss.
9. The mocking of Brazil was tenfold on Twitter.
FYI: That is Belgium’s flag, and during the last World Cup, Brazil was booted by Germany in the quarterfinals. This year, however, they didn’t just accept the loss in the second half. They f*cking played like champions.
10. Especially of Neymar. He is the meme King.
The Internet is making el pobrecito eat all his words. The superstitious in me blames Neymar for being too cocky and dramatic af.
11. Although, some think Neymar brought all the entertainment to the game.
If you create a meme about Neymar, and Neymar doesn’t see it, is it even a meme?
Someone please make sure he sees all of these.
12. The world has mad jokes for Neymar.
I mean, we hope to see Neymar at this year’s Oscars ceremonies. What’s that shirt say? King of Fútbol or King of Drama?
13. Maybe he’ll win a Grammy, too.
LMFAO, they see me rollin’. Get it? During his game with Mexico, he brought the drama, that’s all.
14. True fans are upset over Brazil’s new drama reputation.
I mean, mostly, it’s that Brazil used to win, and now they lose. Sad.
15. En realidad, Neymar and Coutinho pulled more than their fair share on the team.
The team honestly could have won if the ref just blew an extra whistle or two, or had an ounce of luck on their side. The played hard.
16. OK, but more importantly, did anyone notice Neymar’s hair cuts?
Truth, I think he actually just had one haircut, but the internet can’t appreciate varied styling, so calláte about it already.
17. Brazil pride will live on for many more World Cup tournaments.
Look at these animals hold it down with their viejo. Que cute.
18. And whatever Belgium has to say, Brazil has all the comebacks:
Preach. I don’t even know who to root for in the semifinals. Just not Belgium.
19. Brazil went into the second half at 2-0, and kept fighting.
And for that, we have all the inspo and fuerte we need to wait for 2022’s victory.
20. Brazil’s performance will be missed in the next few weeks.
In the meantime, Neymar can fully heal his delicate ankle and return to glory, please.
21. The biggest question of all, though:
I have so much side eye right now and I don’t know who to be mad at, but I’m going with the Brazil-Belgium refs.
Notice any needed corrections? Please email us at email@example.com