20 Times “Lizzie McGuire’s” Miranda Sanchez Brought The Real To The Real To Disney Channel
Mexican-American Miranda Sanchez might not have been the titular lead of “Lizzie McGuire” but she was undoubtedly the character with the most heart, wit and lessons. Here’s a look at the character who brought all the realness to Disney channel’s best show.
1. That time she dealt with body dysmorphia.
In the episode “Inner Beauty” Miranda struggles with her self-image after seeing a photo of herself. The whole episode ended up sending Miranda into an unhealthy tailspin so bad that she…
2. She tried to deal with her body dysmorphia by not eating and explained why.
After wanting to make sure that she looked super skinny for a music video project Gordo was shooting, Miranda started skipping meals and nearly passed out during dance practice. After a sit down with her friends, Miranda spoke honestly about why she felt the way she did.
3. The time she didn’t get a Valentine’s Day card.
And gave the commercial holiday a great big middle finger and stuck out her tongue.
4. That time she predicted the future of all mean “cool kids.”
It was a bit harsh, but the moment, like most MIranda moments, did it’s job in making sure Lizzie always remembered where they were headed.
5. When she reminded Gordo that being grown up is not that great.
Literally never a truer word has been spoken. Because meanwhile the rest of us have to deal with taxes.
6. That time she was smarter than her art teacher
I mean really how many times have you sat in a class and wondered why you had to do something instead of dream about N’Sync.
7. And that time she totally nailed the feelings that come with growing up.
Yes, girl yes. This is the definition of growing up and out of your adolescence.
8. When she did spider braids before girls at Coachella.
And rocked so many other hair styles you wouldn’t dare to pull off. Remember her pom pom phase?
9. When she was all like “I’m stronger than the person you think I am.”
It’s hard being friends with someone who always gets to take center stage of your life, we get it Miranda. This episode of her sticking up for herself to her own BFF was so real.
10. When her side eye was so on point with Gordo.
Miranda’s side eye game was actually always so on point with Gordo. Those two had a rocky relationship and Miranda was always around to remind him to chill it.
11. When she was the best friend ever for building her friend up.
Even if it was the cheesiest chant ever and Lizzie acted selfish at times, Miranda was a great friend.
12. That time when Lizzie and Gordo went to Italy and she passed to chill in Mexico.
Fans of Miranda were super bummed to find Miranda nixed from the “Lizzie McGuire Movie” but we got when we learend that she’d ditched the show to be with her family in Mexico.
13. When Lizzie overreacted about getting a bra and Miranda was like “chillll.”
That time, Lizzie decided that in order to be popular she needed a bra was the most important episode ever. Mostly because Miranda was mortified to find her friend was so shallow.
14. And that time when she was this honest with Lizzie about her outfit.
Every friend needs a BFF who will tell her truth about her outfit chose. While this one was forced upon Lizzie on a very important day, Miranda was not afraid to get real.
15. When, LBR, she brought better moves to that “Play” music video than Lizzie.
There’s a reason why they put Miranda in the front for this dance scene. And it has absolutely everything to do with Lizzie’s average moves ( sorry Lizzie!)
16. When she was too cool to hurt the environment
That faux leather and fur coat made the funky combination look just so damn good.
17. When she did the grunge look better than Lizzie
Lizzie’s style was always cute and fashion foraward but Miranda always pushed the status-quo with her edge.
18. That time she was all about the rebelde.
Can you deny that this “rebel” shit was not the ultimate look of the series? Didn’t think so.
19. That time she freaked out after getting a B in class.
Miranda is every child of immigrants who did not come all of this way for their kid to get a B in class. Gordo might have been the self-proclaimed group of the squad’s trio but Miranda was undoubtedly the cool beans school star Gordo wanted to be.
20. The times her sense of humor was always better than everyone else.
“Where is Lizzie? She never misses lunch. It’s her favorite class!”