13 Tweets And Memes That Perfectly Sum Up Everyone’s Frustration With The ‘Game Of Thrones’ Finale
After eight seasons of ice, fire, and blood the series finale of the epic TV show, “Game of Thrones”, finally aired on Sunday night. As expected, the conclusion to the beloved show polarized fans. While some expressed satisfaction at the unexpected and bittersweet ending, others claimed they felt duped by the unanswered questions and the rushed storyline of the final season.
Regardless, of the reception, there’s one thing for sure about the series finale: Twitter had thoughts. Look below to check out the most hilarious and on-point reactions to the “Game of Thrones” series finale! Warning! Spoilers ahead.
1. First off, we all had a few questions about the amount of work Bran did to win the grand prize.
Seriously, though. While everyone else has been freeing slaves, waging wars, returning from the dead, and marrying people they hate, Bran has spent the last few years tripping on peyote in the mountains with his friends. The dude out-smarted them all.
2. I mean, even Sansa had a few questions.
Sansa aired Bran’s business out like a savage before all of the Lords of Westeros. The girl seriously has no mercy.
3. Lord knows this is how Jon felt after he had to take matters into his own hands when Daenerys wouldn’t listen to reason.
All jokes aside, Jon crying while holding his aunt/lover’s lifeless body in his hands was a truly tragic scene. Especially knowing that he didn’t want to do it in the first place.
4. Honestly, props to Drogon for finally getting rid of that eye-sore.
Lord knows it was time. That throne of swords has caused more than enough trouble.
5. Literally, everyone’s reaction when Edmure “Coward” Tulley stood up to announce his bid for King.
Out of all the bloody slayings in the show’s history, Sansa’s “Sit down, Uncle” reaction to Tully’s little speech may have been the most brutal.
6. The biggest twist of the night:
Twitter was completely shocked (and more than a little thirsty) when Robin Arryn returned from wherever he was with a full Neville Longbottom-style glow-up. The last time we saw him, he was an obnoxious child who was too old to still be breastfeeding.
7. In the end, it looks like Tyrion was stuck doing a job he was “meh” about forever.
Tyrion practically begged Bran to let him go be an alcoholic in a brothel somewhere, and Bran pretty much said, “Nah, doing a job you hate for the rest of your life is punishment enough for your stupid decisions”.
8. Even in death, Brienne still stanned hard for Jaime.
But also, girl didn’t let the ink dry fully before she slammed that book shut. The Kingslayer’s page is going to be smeared forever. Smh.
9. Bronn’s new job seemed more unrealistic than any dragon ever did.
Why in God’s name was arguably the least-educated character on GOT awarded with the position of Treasurer for all of the Six Kingdoms?
10. The Night’s Watch is still a thing?
In arguably the funniest line of the night, when Jon learned his fate was to serve the Night’s Watch until the end of his days, his response was, “There’s still a Night’s Watch?”. Ours was too. Like, for what, tho?
11. All in all, it was an emotionally exhausting 80 minutes.
Not only did everyone have to deal with the frustrating plot points, but we also all had to deal with the end of a beloved series. Needless to say, there will be a GOT-shaped hole in our lives from this moment on.
12. At least our imagination can let us run wild as to what the future will hold for our favorite characters.
At least Jon Snow has another red-headed wildling to spend the rest of his days with. That’s the least he deserves for his heroics.
13. All in all, people are just trying to find a cure for this disappointment.
Isn’t Vicks Vaporú supposed to cure all?
Notice any needed corrections? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org